Confirmed Transfer Maresca to Chelsea

Not remotely surprising and can't really say I blame him. Normally I'd be pissed off at a manager going to another club but it's one hell of a step up for him and even if it all goes wrong he's basically made for 10 years now.

Arteta at Arsenal has been pretty successful. Maybe this gamble will work for Chelsea (same gamble for Bayern) or maybe it won't.

Either way Maresca is going to make a shit load more money doing that than finding out whether his style works in the prem with us - and there's not a chance he has any real emotional connection with this football club past 'first trophy'.

I'm just not that bothered about him leaving. Perhaps that is more a reflection of my thinking as opposed to what he did or didn't do.

I wished he stayed and finished the job here but you gotta seize opportunities when they come. One of the poorer squads, a points deduction, limited transfers and a relegation scrap vs Europa League, better players, bigger budget, London, more money and a new challenge.

Is there the feeling that he jumped ship a bit? For sure. But I'm not sure he'd have got this chance another time unless it just happened to be aligned that a big job was available, that he kept us up, that he was one of the favourites etc. It is what it is. Gratitude both ends is needed here.

Thanks, Enzo. Always welcome to a cuddle from me. You did part 1 of a 2 part job excellently well. I despise Chelsea, but I wish you well there.

In 12 months time, if Pep doesn’t commit to stay, a success at Chelsea will see Man City come knocking.
That’ll be interesting!
According to Graeme Bailey the "transfer insider" Rodgers was earmarked as Pep's successor a while ago.

On a more important note, let this be a stark warning to a "nice" club here at LCFC. This was a ruthless and selfish decision from Enzo despite being an understandable one.

We can stand to learn from this when dealing with our own managers and players especially if they are not performing or deserving of something etc. That cut throat nature hasn't been at this club since Vichai passed and it will be our downfall if we're not careful.

The idea Enzo owes us any type of loyalty is laughable when our fans would have hounded him out of the club by the end of the season…

Hope the last bit is true

Thought this bit was interesting re the players reaction and also turning down an invitation to go to America - which I suspect is a good thing in terms of preparation.

“He rejected offers abroad from Sevilla and Porto, and was heavily involved and invested in the club’s future planning.

On Maresca’s recommendation, Leicester declined an invitation to appear at the Stateside Cup in the United States this summer.

But, out of nowhere, Chelsea made an official approach on Monday May 27, and it soon became inevitable that Maresca would leave.

The deal has taken time as Maresca was away last week in Marbella on holiday, while negotiations over the backroom staff were also drawn out.

There will be inevitable disappointment in the Leicester dressing room but, equally, some players will be unmoved.

Maresca was so devoted to his philosophy that he could at times become stubborn and dogmatic. It was a meeting called by senior Leicester players towards the end of the season that helped them over the line.”

Thought this bit was interesting re the players reaction and also turning down an invitation to go to America - which I suspect is a good thing in terms of preparation.

“He rejected offers abroad from Sevilla and Porto, and was heavily involved and invested in the club’s future planning.

On Maresca’s recommendation, Leicester declined an invitation to appear at the Stateside Cup in the United States this summer.

But, out of nowhere, Chelsea made an official approach on Monday May 27, and it soon became inevitable that Maresca would leave.

The deal has taken time as Maresca was away last week in Marbella on holiday, while negotiations over the backroom staff were also drawn out.

There will be inevitable disappointment in the Leicester dressing room but, equally, some players will be unmoved.

Maresca was so devoted to his philosophy that he could at times become stubborn and dogmatic. It was a meeting called by senior Leicester players towards the end of the season that helped them over the line.”
Because he was intent on his tippy tappy shit when we could all see that we needed to change our approach.

He also continued to start players like Faes and Daka when we could all see that they were playing poorly.

A glorious collection of bedwetting ****wits. Bless them all

Or maybe just maybe we got the best out of him in a division where he can just about get away with his approach. Plus we have an extra 10 million in the coffers. Time will tell.

The idea Enzo owes us any type of loyalty is laughable when our fans would have hounded him out of the club by the end of the season…
Not hounded out but certainly questioned over his ability to manage a group of vastly overpaid and over qualified championship players.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663