Marine fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melts i finally finished off that waterfall in my pond .......................................................................

543229679_73ad01aa9d.jpg

its cost me a shed load to set up and 6 months for it to be ready for fish ,ive got living rock and living sand in it 3 filters ,one heater,and a scimmer loads of ro water and ready made salt water plus ph test kist and salt level meter total cost so far is £1500 :icon_eek: but well worth it TBH

View attachment 3121

Watch out for the Yellow Tang grazing on your corals!!!

Looks like smoked haddock to me:icon_bigg

What page is Newts' tank on, then? I can't be arsed to go through all 3 million images.

Look at post 1 and then open the link, then page two :icon_wink

Last edited:
I know the Pic is not mine, same tank almost the same live rock and sand and i have a star fish and Yellow Tang and 2 hardys ,my cam is not working as soon as ive got a new one ill post the pic of mine .

i should have posted that before but im so made up that this marine tank has workd out ok so far ,as its the first time i have had/done this.

Stop taking the piss as you know a hardy if a fish that will take most tank set up what ever the ph/salt level is and so on they make the Bacteria that marine fish need too live in.

this is a typical hardy marine fish
1033212B.jpg
Bloody hell, I didn't think you were thinkle in such simple terms!!!!!

A "hardy" fish covers a multitude of different varieties, thousands of varieties in fact.

Any dealer that sells you a fish with the single description of "hardy" should be shut down. The fish you are talking about is commonly referred to as a Blue Damsel.

Stop taking the piss as you know a hardy is a fish that will take too most tank set up's, what ever the ph/salt level is and so on they make they help to make the Bacteria that marine fish need too live in.
If that pH level drops below 8.0 for a length of time then that fish will die. If it drops below 7.0 for even a brief period it probably die. A swing of 0.02 in pH either way is also lethal. Stablitly is the key to a marine tank.

If the salinity (specific gravity) drops below 1.000, then this is also very dangerous. Aim for 1.024 with zero fluctuations!!!!

Be very careful of how "hardy" you think these fish actually are.

If that pH level drops below 8.0 for a length of time then that fish will die. If it drops below 7.0 for even a brief period it probably die. A swing of 0.02 in pH either way is also lethal. Stablitly is the key to a marine tank.

If the salinity (specific gravity) drops below 1.000, then this is also very dangerous. Aim for 1.024 with zero fluctuations!!!!

Be very careful of how "hardy" you think these fish actually are.

The hardys are from the bloke i know, tank bread and they went in a while ago now,About a month ago now and are fine im going to put 2 neo clown fish in the end of next month.

this month ive added more turdo snail's and 2 cleaner shrimp ,the tang and star fish went in 2 weeks ago and are doing fine.

im learning slowly, scot (the bloke,lol ) is checking all the levels with me weekly ,and showing me what is needed if we have to adjust the levels.

Bloody hell, I didn't think you were thinkle in such simple terms!!!!!

A "hardy" fish covers a multitude of different varieties, thousands of varieties in fact.

Any dealer that sells you a fish with the single description of "hardy" should be shut down. The fish you are talking about is commonly referred to as a Blue Damsel.

I was just say this is one type of a hardy type fish. Hardy is a genaral term and yes there are loads of them .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47