Marine fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
By hardy does that mean, resists dying well, like a 'hardy shrub'? Or is it a breed of fish that has many varieties?

By hardy does that mean, resists dying well, like a 'hardy shrub'? Or is it a breed of fish that has many varieties?
Yes, spot on. It's a broad range term for a fish that will tolerate a wider spectrum of water parameters. It's not a species.

That said, there is no marine fish on the world that can tolerate too many fluctuations in parameters (temp, pH, salinity etc etc).

A goldfish I would consider to be "hardy"

Last edited:
piece of piss, tap water with some table salt mixed in, warm it up a bit and you're away.

Stop taking the piss as you know a hardy is a fish that will take too most tank set up's, what ever the ph/salt level is and so on they make they help to make the Bacteria that marine fish need too live in.

this is a typical hardy marine fish
1033212B.jpg

Bloody hell, I didn't think you were thinkle in such simple terms!!!!!

A "hardy" fish covers a multitude of different varieties, thousands of varieties in fact.

Any dealer that sells you a fish with the single description of "hardy" should be shut down. The fish you are talking about is commonly referred to as a Blue Damsel.

Nope :018:.

Its a Goldfish painted blue:icon_wink

Melts i finally finished off that waterfall in my pond .......................................................................

543229679_73ad01aa9d.jpg

:081::081::023:

All joking aside well done Newts, I've always found fish fascinating. If I had the space and the money I'd love to do something similar.

Is that a video of yours?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLqk9r-A2fU[/YOUTUBE]

:023:

Its turbo snails, and they eat the crap in the tank and left over food etc, you dont need to feed them anything extra.

Dont buy a long nose butterfly fish, spent £45 on one, the little ****er wouldnt eat a thing, even got it live brine shimp, but no, it decided it would rather starve itself to death. :mad: :icon_wink

Im taking no responsibility for the death, it was obviously suicidal before i bought it. :icon_wink

If you have'nt bought your yellow tang yet consider getting a purple tang, i may just have got lucky but mine is so tame its unreal, will eat out of my hand.

Your not supposed to mix tangs though.

Are there Tings as well as Tangs?

If so do they go well together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48