Mark Hughes leaves Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big four within time, surely? As much of a Prima Donna as he is, the man is a born and bred winner.

Didn't exactly set the world alight at Villa though did he. You're only as good as your last appointment.........

Didn't exactly set the world alight at Villa though did he. You're only as good as your last appointment.........

The foundations for a good team were in place and they were moving forward. Not every team can be turned into over achievers in a short period of time. Given two or three seasons and I'd have thought Villa would be challenging for European competitions via League placing.

I thought he did an excellent job at Villa....certainly if you look at where they were before he took over and what has happened since.

That all said, I think he has missed his window to go to one of the "Big" clubs.

Last edited:
I thought he did an excellent job at Villa....certainly if you look at where they were before he took over and what has happened since.

That all said, I think he has missed his window to go to one of the "Big" clubs.

I agree. I certainly can't see him being in contention for the Man United job when it becomes available. And he hasn't been considered for Chelsea or Liverpool when they've been available recently.

There's no chance of MON ever becoming a big 4 manager. Has too much history with falling out with owners and has to have everything his own way/doesn't like the owners making decisions. Also, has management of finances has to be questioned.

I don't think he's good enough to be a big 4 manager anyway, too tactically naive and one dimensional to make it at the very top of the game. Would only end up like Hodgson did imo.

Last edited:
The foundations for a good team were in place and they were moving forward. Not every team can be turned into over achievers in a short period of time. Given two or three seasons and I'd have thought Villa would be challenging for European competitions via League placing.

He had them pissing about in 6th place for 3 or 4 seasons and didn't challenge for a Champions League spot it despite spending bucketloads (a lot more than Liverpool, Arsenal or ManUtd did in that period). Moyes was doing a much better job at challenging for the CL places than MON on a much, much smaller budget. I really couldn't see them ever making those CL spots.

Last edited:
There's no chance of MON ever becoming a big 4 manager. Has too much history with falling out with owners and has to have everything his own way/doesn't like the owners making decisions. Also, has management of finances has to be questioned.

I don't think he's good enough to be a big 4 manager anyway, too tactically naive and one dimensional to make it at the very top of the game. Would only end up like Hodgson did imo.

I remember saying the same thing on a discussion a while ago about MON. Too much of a risk to a top 4 team without some serious rebuilding of his reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669