Marlon King

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can guarantee some stupid club will sign him though when he's released... he's even appealing the sentence

In some other jobs persons on the sexual offenders register(sp?) are precluded from doing that job. Why not football? :102:

Last edited:
I agree with the sentence. One fact in the case has not be highlighted. The nightclub pretended to have called the police when they had not done so. Surely the nightclub was therefore "obstructing justice".

Seeing as he was a proven liar and wouldnt even admit to being there, how could any football club trust him enough to represent them in the future.
Maybe the offence had nothing to do with football but Marlon Kings character and attitude should definetly be looked at by prospective new clubs as hes nothing but a lieing thug with a record as long as my arm IMO.

Deserves to never set foot on a football pitch again.

In some other jobs persons on the sexual offenders register(sp?) are precluded from doing that job. Why not football? :102:

It has got absolutely **** all to do with football.

It is entirely a matter for the Judiciary to deal with and when his punishment has been served there is absolutely no reason whatever that he should not play football again.

Can either of you explain why you think he should be further punished by not being allowed to play?

It is entirely a matter for the Judiciary to deal with and when his punishment has been served there is absolutely no reason whatever that he should not play football again.

Can either of you explain why you think he should be further punished by not being allowed to play?

granted it's nothing to do with football but he is meant to be a role model. He has a list as long as your arm of offences.

If you get a teacher doing that they wouldnt be allowed to teach again! It could be said footballers have more affect on teenagers and kids than teachers, so is letting a person that hits women a good influence on your kids?

granted it's nothing to do with football but he is meant to be a role model. He has a list as long as your arm of offences.

If you get a teacher doing that they wouldnt be allowed to teach again! It could be said footballers have more affect on teenagers and kids than teachers, so is letting a person that hits women a good influence on your kids?

By that logic though Scarbs, if a popstar or movie actor ever gets themselves into trouble, should they be also prevented from earning a living?

You could also argue that being, quite rightly, punished then resurrecting your career would actually be good moral guidance for kids.

By that logic though Scarbs, if a popstar or movie actor ever gets themselves into trouble, should they be also prevented from earning a living?

You could also argue that being, quite rightly, punished then resurrecting your career would actually be good moral guidance for kids.

It depends what it is and what else they have done. King's clubs have always known what he is like and would have pumped money in to help him, this has clearer not worked and he is just a thug.

Will he ever become 'straight' i doubt it, similar story for Joey Barton etc.

Of course if he comes out admits what he has done, apologises and lays forward steps to become 'straight' then it would be a good thing for kids.

But my personal view is that I dont want him on a football field again, there are plently of kids that work their socks off to get to the highest level that refrain from stealing cars and hitting women.

signing him marks you out as a morally bankrupt club, like Oldham with Hughes and Newcastle with Barton

well done Mohmmed Al-Fayed for telling him to **** off

There any number of women in the crowd and watching elsewhere, who I am sure would take exception to a convicted serial sex pest remaining in the public spotlight in this way.

Moreover the PL and the FL have to ask themselves whether allowing King to play in either of these leagues again is something which is appropriate and commercially desirable. After all if he was on the sex offenders register for offences against children, would we be having this discussion? :102: The fact that he is on the register is key.

The players are role models to millions of young kids.
If they are convicted with a custodial sentence, then they should never be allowed to play again imo.

The players are role models to millions of young kids.
If they are convicted with a custodial sentence, then they should never be allowed to play again imo.

With the best will in the world I do not think footballers are role models.

Marlon King, 29, allegedly shouted: ‘Don’t you know who I am? I’m a millionaire—you’re not even in my league’, before hitting the petite student in the face.

Take away the income then this line starts to fall flat. :018: This is why he needs to be prevented from earning a living from the game. :018:

Surely they are prevented from doing jobs that bring them into close contact with people who might be vulnerable to someone reoffending. Presumably he's not likely to be violent towards a woman whilst running up and down a football pitch.

Having said that I'd have thought a football club would have an eye on its reputation and so would be wary of having him in their squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669