Martin Allen loyalty ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist

cov fan.
I can't decide the crack with MA. I love his passion for the game of football, but don't you think that a club of our stature needs a bit more than a bit of tubthumping ?
I'm also undecided about his loyalty, if you look at his record, the minute another club comes in for him he disappears like a snowman in the tropics, before I am slated for saying that, I bet MK Dons fans were feeling all jubilant this time last year, but he soon left them when we came calling, who's to say next year he won't crap on us ?

I hope I'm proven wrong, and he has many loyal and successful years here, but I have a niggly doubt about him.

This type of post is strictly not allowed.

Jump on the MA Bandwagon and let the positivity run through you! Wooo woooo!

you don't think that accrington will be a win for us? also, why the **** should it matter?

He may well do, but if he does it would most probably mean we are in a better state than we were last season.

So fecking what. Are you serioulsy saying the guy should not move to the best club he can. No your right he should have stayed at barnet he'd be much better off.

He willonly be approached if he does well, which is better than we have seen for years!! More likely he will be sacked in year tbh!! But at least next year will be good fun rather than the dross we have seen up to now!!

it would be nice to have a manager that other clubs wants not had that for years :icon_bigg:icon_wink

Out of interest, and I may be missing some obvious ones here, but who was the last player we sold for a sum to a team in equal or better league position? Or have all our recent sales only been deemed decent by teams below us?

The last I can see are Gilbert, Heath and Jordan Stewart, though whether Sheff Wed and Cov were above us then I don't know. Before that it was Dickov. So it will be nice to have players other teams value for once!

Last edited:
Out of interest, and I may be missing some obvious ones here, but who was the last player we sold for a sum to a team in equal or better league position? Or have all our recent sales only been deemed decent by teams below us?

The last I can see are Gilbert, Heath and Jordan Stewart, though whether Sheff Wed and Cov were above us then I don't know. Before that it was Dickov. So it will be nice to have players other teams value for once!

gareth williams :102:

I can't decide the crack with MA. I love his passion for the game of football, but don't you think that a club of our stature needs a bit more than a bit of tubthumping ?
I'm also undecided about his loyalty, if you look at his record, the minute another club comes in for him he disappears like a snowman in the tropics, before I am slated for saying that, I bet MK Dons fans were feeling all jubilant this time last year, but he soon left them when we came calling, who's to say next year he won't crap on us ?

I hope I'm proven wrong, and he has many loyal and successful years here, but I have a niggly doubt about him.

A Tubthumper at a club of our stature?!
We talking about LCFC? What stature?
We are a yo-yo club who are currently on the downslope/cusp which will hopefully be moving back up the upslope this season!

To be generous I would compare us with Bolton and they did alright for many years with Tubthumper Allerdyce!

As for loyalty, if MA does not win us promotion will a Prem club come in for him? I think not. If we do win promotion, unless one of the top 6 come in for him, I do not see what advantage he might gain from jumping from one average Prem club to another average Prem club?

A Tubthumper at a club of our stature?!
We talking about LCFC? What stature?
We are a yo-yo club who are currently on the downslope/cusp which will hopefully be moving back up the upslope this season!

To be generous I would compare us with Bolton and they did alright for many years with Tubthumper Allerdyce!

As for loyalty, if MA does not win us promotion will a Prem club come in for him? I think not. If we do win promotion, unless one of the top 6 come in for him, I do not see what advantage he might gain from jumping from one average Prem club to another average Prem club?

They have to be a good bet for the drop this year

Paddy M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670