Martin Allen - News Of The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Bullshit, truth, conjecture or just a recycled story?

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport4.shtml

News of the World said:
MARTIN ALLEN could quit as Leicester boss after a bust-up with chairman Milan Mandaric.
sp4_19_02.jpg

Allen, the volatile former Brentford and MK Dons boss, signed a three-year contract only in May and has since signed 14 players in a bid to keep alive Mandaric's dream of a return to the Premier League.

Yet Allen, 42, pulled out of the chance to land striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink — after Mandaric had spent weeks enticing the Dutchman to join the Foxes and agreed a £20,000-a-week deal.
Pressure

Allen felt the hitman, released by Charlton this summer, was not fit enough and the 35-year-old joined Cardiff instead.
Now the fall-out may lead to the end of Allen's short spell in charge.
Leicester kicked off the new season with a home defeat to Blackpool and the pressure is on Allen to produce.
Former Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock is currently out of work and could be approached by Mandaric to take over at short notice.TBNeil Warnock and Paul Jewell are being target by Leicester City with Martin Allen is set to leave the midlands club after a major fall out with chairman Milan Manderic.
The volatile former Brentford and Mk Dons boss Allen only signed a three year contract in May and has since signed a dozen players in a bid to set alive Manderic's driving desire for a return to the lucrative Premiership.
But the rumblings, evident from the start, came to a head over
the failed transfer of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and word is out from inside both manager's office and the Board Room that Mad Dog's short stay is over.
We understand that Jewell has already declined an approach and Warnock, equally explosive, now tops a list which includes
Early season runners also include Paul Ince, who took over from Allen at MK Dons, and Ian Holloway at Plymouth. Leicester, desperate for some fire-power, are now ready to turn to former player Paul Dickov on a short term contract now he is out of favour at Manchester City.

Last edited:
Equal measures at a guess

its no secret that i was seething when ma put the boot into the jfh deal.it could be that mm is still seething and more than a little embarassed.

theres two weeks left to sign maybe murphy and another stricker now that fryatt has gone/going

lets face it if ma gets the push it wouldnt be the end of the world,not as far as im concerned.i would even except warnock and i couldnt stand the man after what he was saying when we were going into admin.

its no secret that i was seething when ma put the boot into the jfh deal.it could be that mm is still seething and more than a little embarassed.

theres two weeks left to sign maybe murphy and another stricker now that fryatt has gone/going

lets face it if ma gets the push it wouldnt be the end of the world,not as far as im concerned.i would even except warnock and i couldnt stand the man after what he was saying when we were going into admin.

you mean striker :icon_bigg

He'd need to walk really otherwise MM will come across as a power crazy nutter. Thus cancelling out the chance of getting another decent manager, other than those that are as equally unhinged as MM.

or am i talking about MA??

i would even except warnock and i couldnt stand the man after what he was saying when we were going into admin.

Milan publicly stated that he has 'listened to the fans' with regard to Colin. It would be a big 'u turn' if he was to come in now.

Milan publicly stated that he has 'listened to the fans' with regard to Colin. It would be a big 'u turn' if he was to come in now.
JFH said in his book he'd never work with Ridsdale again after he'd put a knife in his back and told him to feck off. Funny old game.
:014:>>>>>>>>>>:057:

Imo we should give MA a fair crack of the whip.to say that he is close to being sacked is crazy,why would you sign a manager on a 3 year deal if you were considering sacking him after 3 games.
The compensation deal we would have to pay him would be huge and also he did the same at Brentford and MKdons slow start but ended up in the play offs both times.
If the replacement is to be Neil Warnock then i think we would be commiting supporter suicide as most of us true foxes fans still haven't forgiven him for trying to get us in the sh#t when we were relegated and went into administration.
Maddog is the man to lead us to promotion IMO we are playing 100 times better than we have for a long time and even though we only have 1point to show for it, i believe that we are starting on the road to the premiership.
So lets get behind the team and show them the support faith and belief that we have in them.

BLUEARMY TILL I DIE:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Page filler. Yes, MM could, indeed almost certainly will sack Allen, if results are not going his way after a reasonable time but I think the Mirror article was a shot accross the bows and I would be VERY surprised at any real threat to Allen before the end of Oct.

great news

I love the NOW Fact!

Last edited:
MM notorious for sacking managers, but only if there not doing the job, he's hired them to do. Disagreements about players are part and parcel of the game, gossip and rumour, which magically turn into facts, in some parts of whats jokingly called the popular press, with the NoTW, at the forefront, I would be at all suprised to see the story printed in its sister paper during the week. Not that i would buy either of these Murdoch rags, both are a waste of paper.

MM notorious for sacking managers, but only if there not doing the job, he's hired them to do. Disagreements about players are part and parcel of the game, gossip and rumour, which magically turn into facts, in some parts of whats jokingly called the popular press, with the NoTW, at the forefront, I would be at all suprised to see the story printed in its sister paper during the week. Not that i would buy either of these Murdoch rags, both are a waste of paper.

i know what your saying but MM set the JFH deal up and MA didn't want him so its a different type of Disagreement IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69