Martin Allen - News Of The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan publicly stated that he has 'listened to the fans' with regard to Colin. It would be a big 'u turn' if he was to come in now.
i doubt it.a big u turn would be if he sacked ma,and that could happen, like it or not.

Imo we should give MA a fair crack of the whip.to say that he is close to being sacked is crazy,why would you sign a manager on a 3 year deal if you were considering sacking him after 3 games.
The compensation deal we would have to pay him would be huge and also he did the same at Brentford and MKdons slow start but ended up in the play offs both times.
If the replacement is to be Neil Warnock then i think we would be commiting supporter suicide as most of us true foxes fans still haven't forgiven him for trying to get us in the sh#t when we were relegated and went into administration.
Maddog is the man to lead us to promotion IMO we are playing 100 times better than we have for a long time and even though we only have 1point to show for it, i believe that we are starting on the road to the premiership.
So lets get behind the team and show them the support faith and belief that we have in them.

BLUEARMY TILL I DIE:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Let's hope your right or your username is pretty much f*cked.

Perhaps Jeff will let you change it to "colinisacnut" or something.

Think about this logically.

MM wants it known he can attract names "ie JFH", there is no harm to his reputation that he can do it & that the manager doesn't want to complete the deal.

MM now holds several aces if MA doesn't achieve
a) It's public now, that MM backed him by attracting big named players

b) He may go on to attract other names, will MA stand opposed on each occasion or accept the deal next time

c) He can say if he gets rid further down the line, I offered him better players but he didn't want them

Alternatively:
If MA suceeds, MM can say he stood fully behind MA on this "final say" on players

I really hope the alternative = what happens.

i know what your saying but MM set the JFH deal up and MA didn't want him so its a different type of Disagreement IMO

as he did with Fowler, Hendrie and that Joseph Desire Job bloke. I would bet if the Danny Murphy rumour is true will go west too, as I dont believe MA has the bollux to deal with big name footballers.

as he did with Fowler, Hendrie and that Joseph Desire Job bloke. I would bet if the Danny Murphy rumour is true will go west too, as I dont believe MA has the bollux to deal with big name footballers.

its begining to look like that.kenny miller is another you could possibly add to the list,he grabbed a couple for celtshit.

another thing i find a bit strange and undermining is all the whistling to get the players attention during the warm up and during the match. i whistle me dogs :102:

im starting to think you mite be right BG :102:

I am never wrong Newts. Both Durham and myself said we felt he was out his depth

I was known to be wrong once, but as it turned out it was wrong and so I was right....:icon_cool

Last edited:

Its all in the way that you phrase it; isn't it? MA doesn't have the balls OR he doesn't want drunken, stroppy has beens... My old ma always taught me that if a thing seems too good to be true, it probably is. If Fowler, JFH et al are really so good, why would they sign for a team that has twice finished at the wrong end of the championship & why are the 35 or so managers of higher finishing clubs so stupid as not to rush in for their signatures? (excluding the mighty Cardiff!)

Its all in the way that you phrase it; isn't it? MA doesn't have the balls OR he doesn't want drunken, stroppy has beens... My old ma always taught me that if a thing seems too good to be true, it probably is. If Fowler, JFH et al are really so good, why would they sign for a team that has twice finished at the wrong end of the championship & why are the 35 or so managers of higher finishing clubs so stupid as not to rush in for their signatures? (excluding the mighty Cardiff!)

why did top players sign for the likes of Newcastle, Blackburn, Fulham and Wigan when they were in our position in this same division. Ask your old ma to answer that please.

I am never wrong Newts. Both Durham and myself said we felt he was out his depth

I was known to be wrong once, but as it turned out it was wrong and so I was right....:icon_cool
the other thing that put me off was the remark made by a west ham mate of mine. ma would get stuck in fighting away supporters at the west ham games.:icon_conf

why did top players sign for the likes of Newcastle, Blackburn, Fulham and Wigan when they were in our position in this same division. Ask your old ma to answer that please.

She says tha Newcastle are a big club, which ever league they may be in, Blackburn and Fulham were both splashing silly money at the time - I know we have cash now but, I don't think MM is, or should, spend at anything like the same rate.
Oh, and as for Wigan, (her memory's going you understand) she can't remember big signings until they were promotion contenders.

Don't forget, if the above is wrong, you can't balme me!!!!!

She says tha Newcastle are a big club, which ever league they may be in, Blackburn and Fulham were both splashing silly money at the time - I know we have cash now but, I don't think MM is, or should, spend at anything like the same rate.
Oh, and as for Wigan, (her memory's going you understand) she can't remember big signings until they were promotion contenders.

Don't forget, if the above is wrong, you can't balme me!!!!!

Wigan put together a very good team, that Kavanagh chap for one.

It's a curious situation - My initial opinion is the same as BG's - MA2 has such a massive ego and wants to be the centre of the attention with all his jokey comments and touchline histrionics that he doesn't want big names in who may compete with him in some way.

Having said that he's working for a character like Mandaric - I think something's going to have give sooner rather than later....

MM is a ego-maniac he almost ****ed up Pompey untill he begged Rednapp to come back sort things out.

MM will eventually sack MA even if we are top of the league and winning every match, because he wants to be the "saviour" not some lowly manager he appointed because he thought he would be able to control him. MA should be given a fair chance but i doubt that will happen with MM in charge

Starting to sense an anti MM underbelly here. Do not people fall in to that train of thought. Without MM we would be in real financial trouble again....

MM will eventually sack MA even if we are top of the league and winning every match, because he wants to be the "saviour" not some lowly manager he appointed

I seriously doubt it. :icon_roll

As well as being a bit of an ego, he is also a businessman who hasn't got the cash he has by making completely irrational decisions. Let's get some perspective, and stop making every single news story from LCFC the end of the world.

Starting to sense an anti MM underbelly here. Do not people fall in to that train of thought. Without MM we would be in real financial trouble again....

Hear, hear. Let's give both MA and MM some support and see where that gets us for a change. He might be a bit of a nutter, but he's raised our profile and allowed us to spend 2 mill on a striker for goodness sake.

Last edited:
I dont believe MA has the bollux to deal with big name footballers.

Maybe he doesn't want big time charlies upsetting the applecart that is our dressing room. The spirit of one for all and all for one isn't gonna happen if one of them is on 'superstar' money and conditions compared to the others.

The last manager we had that certainly couldn't handle big names was P*t*r T*y*or, look how quickly he ostracised Collymore.

Spot on Alex. He's also spent a lot of money on his new business. It's only natural he wants to offer him a selection of tools to get the job done quicker and better.

If the Manager thinks he can do the job better and quicker without the newer more expensive tools, then excellent, the owner will be more than happy.

When the manager starts to fcuk up, then the owner will want to know why he didn't purchase the tools.

For the time being, I suspect MM is just in the "wait and see" mode and has no intention of sacking MA yet.

The club belongs to MM, it's his investment. He has every right to interfere if he thinks the Manager isn't buying the right tools.

I also suspect that due to the sacking of the Backroom Boys and the suspicion that some of the new purchases may appear inferior, MM has already been waiting patiently in the background for a few weeks, he has only just came forward.

Who knows, but I am well and truly in the MM camp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00