Martin George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggie_muz

I'm not suggesting this is gospel by any means, but I have been told that Martin George is planning an approach to buy the club off MM. The person who told me that also told me of MA's sacking yesterday afternoon. They would not give me any more details so I have no idea how true / advanced it is, and personally I think it seems very unlikely, but I thought I would share.

They also said that Murphy should be signed before the deadline...

Why try and buy the club now when he could have had it for much less cash a few months ago? :confused: The story does seem to keep cropping up though!

For al that I am currently disappointed with Milan, does going back offer much hope?
Martin George couldn't/wouldn't come in before the MM take over: why would this be exiting now?

the story only keeps cropping up as someone keeps looking at the list of Leicestershire's richest people and picking the one they know :icon_lol:

I may not agree with everything he does but, I would rather keep MM. I prefer the idea that Leicester City is a business not some plaything owned by rich locals for kudos but not worth investment. These people had their chance and turned it down.

I think we should have a Wilson-Humperdinck owner controlled partnership. Every manager appointed would be given a Wilson home to live in and, when sacked, a signed copy of Engleberts 'Please Release Me' as a going away present.

I may not agree with everything he does but, I would rather keep MM. I prefer the idea that Leicester City is a business not some plaything owned by rich locals for kudos but not worth investment. These people had their chance and turned it down.

Agreed. MM is apparently determined to get us to the Prem, and I don't have a problem with that at all

Agreed. MM is apparently determined to get us to the Prem, and I don't have a problem with that at all

I think any owner would be with a reward of £30million would be pretty determined, I don't think its soley MM who wants it.

I'm not suggesting this is gospel by any means, but I have been told that Martin George is planning an approach to buy the club off MM. The person who told me that also told me of MA's sacking yesterday afternoon. They would not give me any more details so I have no idea how true / advanced it is, and personally I think it seems very unlikely, but I thought I would share.

They also said that Murphy should be signed before the deadline...

Re. Martin George or George Martin or Martin Martin or even George George:

Not again!

Can we have some slightly more original misleading rumours next time, please.

I can think of rich people in Leicestershire with enough cash to have trumped MM's bid. I guess they either weren't commited enough - or more likely couldn't face the shit they'd get everytime something went wrong. Local businessmen are just that - businessmen. This isn't a traditional business its a passion "thing" where the shareholders are replaced by supporters - everyone of whom thinks they could do better than the guy in charge. Not like a house building business! MM is used to the flak and obviously thrives on it.

Id rather have a chairman who has experience in football than someone who is new to it all anyway

Martin George had a great eye for managers and he is one I would love to see back at the helm but I think this story is rubbish every year its rumoured he is buying the club.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670