Martin Jol

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, people wishing misery on Bolton, I think, are on a good thing. Come January, no one much cop is likely to want to go there and particularly with Megson in charge. What we now see at Bolton is a measure of how good a job Big Sam did.

I have to agree. Bolton are in the position we were when O'Neill left. Whoever goes is on a hiding to nothing and, I think, the club will end up where Leicester were pre Milan.

In terms of league position you are not far off - but in terms of status there is a million miles between Bolton and Spurs. My guess is that it would be easier to attract a top manager and quality players to Spurs in the Championship than Bolton in the Prem.

However, people wishing misery on Bolton, I think, are on a good thing. Come January, no one much cop is likely to want to go there and particularly with Megson in charge. What we now see at Bolton is a measure of how good a job Big Sam did.

I Agree. But He's just been fired by Tottenham, so he will have to lower his sights a little. Bolton have a good squad, and are in europe. They don't have the support for great success, but a manager could gain back some respect if he does well there.

I have to agree. Bolton are in the position we were when O'Neill left. Whoever goes is on a hiding to nothing and, I think, the club will end up where Leicester were pre Milan.

I cant see anything positive about it at all for Bolton. I'll be amazed if Megson gets on with sulky pampered players like Anelka.
Only 10000 rolled up for their euro match last night, and judging by the Bolton fans reaction to the appointment, i'd say they are a club heading in to oblivion.

you took the pic you tart :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

and No i was not :icon_evil :098::icon_bigg;)

I am just glad I had left by the time your stick went off. I hear it was a right mess...

I just think some orange peel would have set that photo off perfectly!

I cant see anything positive about it at all for Bolton. I'll be amazed if Megson gets on with sulky pampered players like Anelka.
Only 10000 rolled up for their euro match last night, and judging by the Bolton fans reaction to the appointment, i'd say they are a club heading in to oblivion.

From the Bolton Evening News :
:confused:
NEW Wanderers boss Gary Megson went on the charm offensive when he greeted his critics outside the Reebok.

The manager - in the post for only a few hours - was jeered by fans as he arrived to watch his new team.

But Megson met some of the supporters head on - and ended up signing autographs.

NEW Wanderers boss Gary Megson went on the charm offensive when he greeted his critics outside the Reebok.

The manager - in the post for only a few hours - was jeered by fans as he arrived to watch his new team.

But Megson met some of the supporters head on - and ended up signing autographs.

Fickle or what:biggrin:

Charm, no. Offensive, Oh fcuk yeah!

I'm supprised no one has done the Milan signs Mourinho joke yet

If he does I promise to kiss everyone on this site!

Shame on those Boulton fans jeering Megson.:081::081:
Still as that is the reason he gave for leaving Leicester presumably he won't be staying there long either.

Jol to The Walkers? Probably a bit ambitious, although if he is looking for a Board with a more honorable outlook then Mandaric might be able to work some magic and surprise us all.

My 'sources' are whispering Mike Newell's name quite loudly but..............

If he does I promise to kiss everyone on this site!

Shame on those Boulton fans jeering Megson.:081::081:
Still as that is the reason he gave for leaving Leicester presumably he won't be staying there long either.

Jol to The Walkers? Probably a bit ambitious, although if he is looking for a Board with a more honorable outlook then Mandaric might be able to work some magic and surprise us all.

My 'sources' are whispering Mike Newell's name quite loudly but..............

Let's hope your sources are wrong. ;)

if we remember the apparent struggle to get a 'decent' manager in last month, given our chairman's 'record' in this area, it makes sense that we will only get a 'journeyman' such as Royle. i think many posters on here are going to be very dissapointed when the new man is revealed.

if we remember the apparent struggle to get a 'decent' manager in last month, given our chairman's 'record' in this area, it makes sense that we will only get a 'journeyman' such as Royle. i think many posters on here are going to be very dissapointed when the new man is revealed.

I suspect you are right. :icon_conf

Wise words.

The 'big' names are only window dressing.....by the press, by Milan etc.

Even the mention by Milan of Joe Royle tells all.

Please let me be wrong but I just don't see anyone decent wanting the job for several reasons. It's not nice to rest all the reluctance of potential candidates on Milan's reputation for chopping and changing- after all he saved the club - but it doesn't help. Then we have a squad which is not exactly brimming with potential..and finally we have the extremely high expectations of us supporters. It's tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669