Confirmed Transfer Martyn Waghorn to Millwall (loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City striker Martyn Waghorn is set to join Millwall on a three-month loan deal.
Formalities of the 23-year-old's switch to south London will be completed on Friday and he could make his debut for the Lions when they host Derby County in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday.

Waghorn will be ineligible for Millwall’s trip to King Power Stadium in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday 30 November under the terms of his loan agreement, which also includes a recall option after 28 days.

The South Shields-born forward has featured twice as a substitute for the Foxes so far this term, coming off the bench in the 1-0 league victory over Derby and the 5-2 Capital One Cup win at Carlisle United last month.

A summer signing from Sunderland in August 2010 following a successful season on loan at King Power Stadium, Waghorn has made 114 appearances for the Foxes, scoring 20 goals.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/120913-waghorn-joins-lions-on-loan-1048001.aspx

Good luck Waggamama.

Hopefully he can find some form, as I still think he can be a useful player at this level.

I like Waggy and think he's had a tough ride here. Given an arm round the shoulder, an injury free spell and a run of matches, I think he's a perfectly decent Championship striker. I hope he does well for Millwall.

I like Waggy and think he's had a tough ride here. Given an arm round the shoulder, an injury free spell and a run of matches, I think he's a perfectly decent Championship striker. I hope he does well for Millwall.

Exactly. And then either he will return to us with a bit more form, or become a more sellable asset and we can get him off the books to save on his wages and maybe even get a bit of a fee in return.

All opinions, in't it

You see, I think he's a complete and utter shithouse who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo

s'ppose time will tell...

I would go as far to say he is slightly more effective than Ade Panikbuye.

On that basis...

I would go as far to say he is slightly more effective than Ade Panikbuye.

On that basis...

To be fair, Ade did misfire in the Premiership, and always looked comfortable knocking them in at lower levels, at Wolves and after us, at Burnley. I'd be surprised if all told our current roster of strikers have scored as many top flight goals as he did, though Gally might bump up the aggregate total a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669