Confirmed Transfer Martyn Waghorn to Millwall (loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
from a forum

"Waghorn run (h)is heart out"
"Dont think the window lickers (Charlton presumably) defence with be good enough to contain McDonald and Waghorn"

Said it before so I will say it again but I really do not understand the negativity from some towards Waghorn. Perfectly capable player at this level and when he did have a run in our team last year around the Derby home match, he was completely unplayable.

Sure he didn't get 20+ goals for us in a year but as soon as any player does that at this level, that is their ticket to the Premier League, so I feel the criticism is harsh.

Also never understood why people moaned at him for being a headless chicken just running when Vardy gets praise for doing exactly that now. :102:

Loan move is the best for all currently as he is down our pecking order but wouldn't want to get rid as I do believe that given regular game time, bear in mind he has never really played a full season, he could turn into a player we can benefit from or at least up his value due to playing rather than diminishing in our development/U21 set-up.

Said it before so I will say it again but I really do not understand the negativity from some towards Waghorn. Perfectly capable player at this level and when he did have a run in our team last year around the Derby home match, he was completely unplayable.

Sure he didn't get 20+ goals for us in a year but as soon as any player does that at this level, that is their ticket to the Premier League, so I feel the criticism is harsh.

Also never understood why people moaned at him for being a headless chicken just running when Vardy gets praise for doing exactly that now. :102:

Loan move is the best for all currently as he is down our pecking order but wouldn't want to get rid as I do believe that given regular game time, bear in mind he has never really played a full season, he could turn into a player we can benefit from or at least up his value due to playing rather than diminishing in our development/U21 set-up.
There certainly seemed an obsession with a 20 goal season player. Interestingly, neither Cardiff or hull had a player in double figures, let alone 20 league goals.
However, both teams managed to grind out plenty of 1-0 wins. 17 for Cardiff & 18 for hull

I can only presume that you went to neither the Wigan or Blackburn game if you think Vardy simply ran around like a headless chicken

I can only presume that you went to neither the Wigan or Blackburn game if you think Vardy simply ran around like a headless chicken

Poor wording on my part. When Waghorn ran around he was a headless chicken whereas now Vardy is praised for his work ethic, amongst other things.

Poor wording on my part. When Waghorn ran around he was a headless chicken whereas now Vardy is praised for his work ethic, amongst other things.

But Waghorn did run around like a headless chicken, providing no worth or value whatsoever. Vardy is very different

Waghorn is complete shite, and most probably always will be complete shite

But Waghorn did run around like a headless chicken, providing no worth or value whatsoever. Vardy is very different

Waghorn is complete shite, and most probably always will be complete shite

That Paul Ince fella is doing a complete shite job at the moment.

Yes I'm sure that is what Karl Oyston is thinking about his decision too.

****ing hell...lets see how Blackpool end up this season before crawling up Paul Ince's arse. Once he stops holding his son hostage they'll fall to bits.

And possibly before.

****ing hell...lets see how Blackpool end up this season before crawling up Paul Ince's arse. Once he stops holding his son hostage they'll fall to bits.

And possibly before.

The simpletons were hailing Peter Taylor's management when we sat on top of the Premier League after seven or eight games

Many of us knew better

The simpletons were hailing Peter Taylor's management when we sat on top of the Premier League after seven or eight games

Many of us knew better

Eight games I reckon? I was at Sunderland the day we went top after a drab 0-0 draw. Despite being top it was still clear to see that Akinbiyi wasn't going to fire us to the title :icon_bigg

Many of us knew better

Know somebody that still has that table framed in his office :)

Many of us knew better

I wonder what our ancestors thought in September 1926, When we went top for the first time ever

Quite a lot of the National Press were impressed as football writers on the national dailies were almost at a "loss for words"

The ‘Daily Mail’ agreed.

“It was an extraordinary and thrilling struggle in which the Leicester forwards gained the day. In the opening half Everton were quite good while the City backs were not too certain at times, but afterwards, Everton failed against a forward line that excelled in every phase of attacking work. Hine and Chandler were especially good but all five forwards maintained a high standard. Duncan behind them also did fine work while Campbell kept goal splendidly.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/19...e-first-time-1064040.aspx#TwIl8xYgtWALeAXh.99

As a result of going to the top of the table for the first time ever, Leicester City were finally recognised nationally as a true force in the land.

Oh where did it all go wrong:icon_bigg

Last edited:

And possibly before.

Wow, chill out and stop crawling up Homer's arse.

Homer says that everyone is shite, apart from the Polish guy know one apart from Hazz had ever heard of before.

Wow, chill out and stop crawling up Homer's arse.

Homer says that everyone is shite, apart from the Polish guy know one apart from Hazz had ever heard of before.

I'm quite "chill" dear boy.

As for homer's arse, it's where I summer.

Oh, and Paul Ince is shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673