Martyn Waghorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
What's the situation here, I'm confused. With his loan at Hull ending and his inevitable inclusion in Pearsons plan here I'm curious why everyone seems to have such a downer on him.

Fair enough, he didn't have a great time here after his permanent move but whilst on loan he did well. Sunderland clearly thought a lot of him but I don't hear a city fan with a decen word to say about him.

For me, I think he will have something to offer and look forward to his return.

It's a case of over-fed expectations again.

Just like the world and his wife bought into the millions guaranteeing promotion they also swallowed the "he's the next Wayne Rooney" line.

Disappointment breeds bitterness.

Waggy did really well in the second half of Pearson's Championship season here, when Fryatt was out injured.

The massive downer is because people have very short term memories. I'm sure a few people will tell you he wasn't very good when he was here on loan as well now, but everyone seemed happy with him at the time.

I'm hoping Pearson being back can reignite him here. I'm assuming he's still injured.

Personally I think he will be an excellent foil for Nugent and will be like a new player now that Pearson has returned, very good player who suffered massively from a loss of confidence and lack of opportunity.

Don't forget he made it into the England u21 team on a couple of occasions while on loan at Hull and scored a couple of good goals. He can't be too bad.

I'm optimistic he will be a useful member of the squad when he is back fit.

In all honesty, we've probably missed him a bit.

I'm optimistic he will be a useful member of the squad when he is back fit.

In all honesty, we've probably missed him a bit.

He is the type of player who thrives under Pearson, we actually do need players with his honesty and work rate to try and improve things.

He is the type of player who thrives under Pearson, we actually do need players with his honesty and work rate to try and improve things.

Agreed. And I say that as a person who doesn't really rate Waghorn. Such is the lack of collective effort.

Torn hamstring. Back in light training. Due back sometime in Feb I believe.

I served him at work four weeks ago and he said he was expecting to be back in 4-6 weeks, so fingers crossed he'll be fit for the start of the month.

He should be hung, drawn and quartered for missing that penalty in Cardiff.

Watched some of the goals from NP's last stint here, Waghorn looked bloody good.
Some very good finishes. If NP can get him back to show that form again, you never know....
Alternatively, get him fit and part ex for Cameron Stewart.

The massive downer is because people have very short term memories. I'm sure a few people will tell you he wasn't very good when he was here on loan as well now, but everyone seemed happy with him at the time.
Not everyone.
Waghorn and Nugent seem pre-occupied with backing into defenders than challenging for the ball from our goal kicks. We're more likely to see Wellens show for a throw in than MW win a flick on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566