match-fixing allegations, Norwich City and Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

four king power

The Football Association is looking into match-fixing allegations relating to the Championship match between Norwich City and Derby on 4 October.

Betting patterns during the 2-1 victory for Derby County will also be the subject of a parliamentary question in the House of Commons on Thursday.

Norman Lamb, MP for North Norfolk, will ask sport secretary Andy Burnham if he has heard from the FA on the matter.

"I have to stress this is an allegation," said Lamb.

He told BBC Radio Norfolk: "When anything like this enters our game the whole thing's destroyed because you lose trust.

"It's important the FA investigates this as a matter of extreme urgency."

The Sunday Telegraph last week confirmed that unusual betting patterns involving a Championship game had been reported on the Asian markets on Saturday, 4 October, but did not specify the match.

"The Sunday Telegraph didn't mention the game but it's since emerged that the game did involve Norwich City and Derby County - a game I was at - but I have to stress this is an allegation," said Lamb.

"What surprised me is what I heard last night, that as of yesterday the FA had not approached Norwich City or Derby.

"I find that extraordinary given that we were told on Sunday that the game was being investigated," he added.

A response from Burnham is expected in the House of Commons at some point in the next week, although Lamb would like to hear something sooner.

"Now this is in the public domain the government and, critically, the FA need to make a very clear statement about what's going on," he said.

"What surprised me is what I heard last night, that as of yesterday the FA had not approached Norwich City or Derby."

What surprised me was that Derby won a game. That has got to be suspicious in itself.

:icon_lol:Four automatic promotion positions :038:

That's not a proper Lestoh attitude. The League will clearly just relegate two clubs rather than promoting four.

I'd bet on Glen Roeder having the smallest head in football and Paul Jewell having the biggest.

you look at Derby's second goal from that game and it does look a little iffy...

I hope they get thrown out of the league, however I struggle to see how Derby having a keeper sent of is conducive to the match fixing allegation.

I hope they get thrown out of the league, however I struggle to see how Derby having a keeper sent of is conducive to the match fixing allegation.

I know it will be an unpopular thing to say on here, but perhaps it was the Norwich players who are under investigation for throwing the match. If Derby were trying to throw it, they certainly didn't make a very good job of it.

I know it will be an unpopular thing to say on here, but perhaps it was the Norwich players who are under investigation for throwing the match. If Derby were trying to throw it, they certainly didn't make a very good job of it.

With the statement saying that in was "during" the match, the result may not have even come into it. Not sure how easy it would be but it could have been a bet on the next corner or goal scorer or possibly the next sending off. I don't bet during games so I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669