Matt Elliot 'testimonial'

Status
Not open for further replies.

LufbraFox

OK so he was only with us for 8 years and not the required 10 for a testimonial

BUT...i think it would end the season a much higher note if a fixture was set up to commemorate his services to the club

After a pretty poor season i think it might change some of the negativity of some fans and they might remember how to cheer at games, im pretty sure even they couldnt abuse players in a testimonial

And i know he has probably done pretty well financially from the club but he can always donate the profits to a charity (or even LCFC :wink: )

Admittedly everyone may think its a really poor idea but something i just got to thinking about this morning

good shout Lufbra, he was a legend....

For pure fun we could invite Dennis Wise too?

If they do it the cash should go to charity, or the club. Big Matty has had enough out of us.

DurhamFox said:
If they do it the cash should go to charity, or the club. Big Matty has had enough out of us.

Thats what i thought as well to be honest, from a club perspective i think it would be good pr story

Weve had so much negative stuff of recent times, from administration, la manga and 2 consecutively poor seasons, this would be the first positive thing for a few years

The stadium is booked up laying the astroturf, painting the seats, and putting up the stage for Darius

alex said:
DurhamFox said:

Why is that?

I not questioning what he ahs done for us, he is a legend. However testimonials were designed as retirement fund for players. Todays professionals, especially those who were on mega bucks like Matt Elliott dont need the cash and shouldnt take it IMO. Its a great idea to recognise their contribution to the club, but to line their pockets?

I don't mind where the money goes as long as they do a Comemrative shirt and cap to mark the occasion,

Why not have a testimonial for the fans who have retired from buying shirts after 10 years service?

They could release a comemorative disposable shirt made from paper to mark the occasion, it would be biodegradable (good selling point). It would be ideal as the 121 year annivesary shirt is just around he corner. :D

DurhamFox said:
alex said:
DurhamFox said:

Why is that?

I not questioning what he ahs done for us, he is a legend. However testimonials were designed as retirement fund for players. Todays professionals, especially those who were on mega bucks like Matt Elliott dont need the cash and shouldnt take it IMO. Its a great idea to recognise their contribution to the club, but to line their pockets?

Ok, get it, sorry Durham I thought you meant he'd had enough of City!

drummindefender said:
why would muzzy have a testimonial if he hasn't retired

I think Ryan Giggs has had a testimonial but he hasn't retired (could be wrong though)

Why not Matty 'All Stars' against our best Academy team or Under 23 yrs, with all the proceeds to the Academy? I am sure Stearman and co. could hold their own against a bunch of thirty-somethings! Maybe the Academy could borrow Rooney as a 'ringer'!

Why can't i have a testimonial for my 10 years loyal service to my company? :smt024
Tight gits only ever give us a free crimbo meal :smt089

Why didn't Muzzy get a testimonial?

testimonials are for 10 years service. End of. :)

Matty was a great servant but hes doesnt deserve a testomonial. Hes taken enough cash off the club anyway.

Testimonials should be a thing of the past now anyway unless 100% of it goes to charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669