Matt Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fox

My first post and I had to confirm some of the previous threads that CL will announce tomorrow, hopefully or maybe sunday, that Mat Fryatt has joined the Foxes. As many people know who work at the club, he was being shown around yesterday and he liked what he saw. There are no great issues to overcome and it should go smoothly. Walsall have made contingencies to allow for his departure but the Walsall fans will not be happy because he is seen as a real assett for the club and a firm fans favourite. As for Earnshaw, that is more speculation than fact but as they say, there is no smoke without fire.:icon_lol:

The Fox said:
My first post and I had to confirm some of the previous threads that CL will announce tomorrow, hopefully or maybe sunday, that Mat Fryatt has joined the Foxes. As many people know who work at the club, he was being shown around yesterday and he liked what he saw. There are no great issues to overcome and it should go smoothly. Walsall have made contingencies to allow for his departure but the Walsall fans will not be happy because he is seen as a real assett for the club and a firm fans favourite. As for Earnshaw, that is more speculation than fact but as they say, there is no smoke without fire.:icon_lol:

i agree, its on the warsaw web site.

Looks a fairly solid rumour this one.

Still another unproven striker though

Matty Fryatt
Height: 5ft 10
Weight: 11st

2005/2006 - 27 appearances, 14 goals
2004/2005 - 39 appearances, 15 goals
2003/2004 - 22 appearances, 2 goals

Total Appearances: 64 (24) - 88
Total Goals: 31

So that's about one goal in every 3 appearances, or one goal in every two starts. Good stats but even Wright could score in League One...

Most importantly though, he's scored against Forest twice this season.

Last edited:
Leigh said:
Matty Fryatt
Height: 5ft 10
Weight: 11st

2005/2006 - 27 appearances, 14 goals
2004/2005 - 39 appearances, 15 goals
2003/2004 - 22 appearances, 2 goals

Total Appearances: 64 (24) - 88
Total Goals: 31

So that's about one goal in every 3 appearances, or one goal in every two starts. Good stats but even Wright could score in League One...

Most importantly though, he's scored against Forest twice this season.
i think thats pretty damn good going for a guy who was 17 in 2003/2004 and 18 in 2004/2005

Last edited:
Walsall are not the best in League One.
Until Norwich Second half we were creating chances left, right and centre.
I'm hoping he can be a saviour.
If not he's a good striker for League One.

in my opinion not wat we wanted... if hes good ok but i think we needed sum1 that may be old or experianced that can show the other strikers how to score.... sum1 to command the front line and that will score, not impressed atall

good luck to the guy tho..

For a player who is still 2 months shy of turning 20, I think that's a pretty impressive scoring record!

I still think we'll be getting an "experienced" striker in though, but if we're buying Fryatt I think it means it will definetely only be a loan, which make sense.

Graz said:
For a player who is still 2 months shy of turning 20, I think that's a pretty impressive scoring record!

I still think we'll be getting an "experienced" striker in though, but if we're buying Fryatt I think it means it will definetely only be a loan, which make sense.
can we really afford to sign fryatt and pay the wages off a loanee though?

Graz said:

:038: :038: :038:

if u look the walsall have made 2 loan signings today,

Walsall sign Man Und striker Mads Timm and Luton midfielder Michael Leary on loan for the rest of the season.

timm who would be a replacement for Frytt....altho i wouldnt have minded mads at leicester... always liked that guy, even tho he went to jail

:(

glover7 said:
if u look the walsall have made 2 loan signings today,

Walsall sign Man Und striker Mads Timm and Luton midfielder Michael Leary on loan for the rest of the season.

timm who would be a replacement for Frytt....altho i wouldnt have minded mads at leicester... always liked that guy, even tho he went to jail

:(
Wasnt Mads sposed to be coming here preseason but it fell through at the last minute?

At least Levein has signed a genuine (albeit very young) striker.

I'd give him credit for that.

I'm not convinced that we need anymore players to achieve survival....CL and the rest of the coaching staff just need to sort out the present lot - decide which is the best available group of players - and stick with them.

Redditch Fox said:
At least Levein has signed a genuine (albeit very young) striker.

I'd give him credit for that.

I'm not convinced that we need anymore players to achieve survival....CL and the rest of the coaching staff just need to sort out the present lot - decide which is the best available group of players - and stick with them.
not the name that was expected,thats for sure.
i wish him well and fingers crossed he might inject a bit of spark and competition allways helps.
not given up on my man that is for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669