Matt Heath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_Unwin

Why all the critiscm for him?
He's hardly put a foot wrong this season when he's played. I'll admit he's been slightly dodgy recently, but i think its cos he's low on confidence. He's a local Leicester lad, and has always had praise from fans. Now, just because he's had a couple of average games, people are saying he's poor. On top of this, he's one of our biggest threats from set pieces, i believe he's already bagged 3 goals this season. I think it could be a big mistake if we sell him

To be honest i dont see why him being a 'local lad' means he is going to be a good player

He showed on Saturday that he is not as good as Paddy and we looked pretty shaky when he came on, to say the goal was slightly down to him would be giving him too much credit

In the past i have rated him but now im not so sure, yes it may be down to confidence but we cant really afford to give away cheap goals in an attempt to help him regain that confidence

Thats a fair point LufbraFox. I wouldnt say he was completely at fault for their goal, i think thats harsh, but i take into account your point about the 'local lad' tag he has, and he's not as good as McCarthy but thats no reason for fans to say he's not good enough.

Up against a small skilful player, like Webber of Watford, and he is dead in the water.

He can head the ball a bit, but needs to improve on his anticipation and positioning. Every time he plays we look vulnerable. Oh, and his distribution is apalling as well.

Craig had his card marked from about the 3rd time he saw him, poor old Mickey never possessed the footballing brain to suss this one out.

Lovely lad though, apparently...

I don't see Heath in Levein's plans to be honest. I expect Hull to come in for him in the summer.

He was poorb at Watford and dreadful at home to Crewe and these are just the first two that spring to mind. Liability at times, not as good as McCarthy will be IMO.

highland fox said:
I'd expect MA to come in for him in the Summer.

With any luck. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

He's hardly put a foot wrong this season when he's played

ermmmmmmm :? Have you been to any games?

Off the top of my head I can think of goals agaisnt Millwall, Crewe, Watford, Sheff Utd, Brighton, Wolves that he was responsibe for, it was obvious on saturday as soon as he came on we would concede.

He hasnt put a foot right this season ans its only because hes local some people rate him, he is a woeful defender and up there with the worst ive ever seen to pull on a City shirt.

Semper Eadem said:
He's hardly put a foot wrong this season when he's played

ermmmmmmm :? Have you been to any games?

Off the top of my head I can think of goals agaisnt Millwall, Crewe, Watford, Sheff Utd, Brighton, Wolves that he was responsibe for, it was obvious on saturday as soon as he came on we would concede.

He hasnt put a foot right this season ans its only because hes local some people rate him, he is a woeful defender and up there with the worst ive ever seen to pull on a City shirt.

Thats massivley harsh but it fair to say he is our worst defender.

No I dont think it is Durham, I was thinking the other day of Lee Marshall, Jacob Laursen etc but then thought at least they were made mugs of by premiership attacking players.

Heath gets made to look a mug by Andy White of Crewe and Adam Virgo of Brighton. He is shocking.

i thought he did better than paddy when he came on, yeah he made a mistake for the goal, but paddy was lucky he didn't score past him as well particually in the first half. i thought paddy struggled against dichio, and though heath coped a lot better.

leicester_til_i_die said:
i thought he did better than paddy when he came on, yeah he made a mistake for the goal, but paddy was lucky he didn't score past him as well particually in the first half. i thought paddy struggled against dichio, and though heath coped a lot better.

Very confusing as Matty's nickname is 'Paddy' :D

Semper Eadem said:
No I dont think it is Durham, I was thinking the other day of Lee Marshall, Jacob Laursen etc but then thought at least they were made mugs of by premiership attacking players.

Heath gets made to look a mug by Andy White of Crewe and Adam Virgo of Brighton. He is shocking.

Fair play to you. However we should remember the times he played well too. Last season he did well. I will leave you to ponder this with 2 words...

Gary

Coatsworth

DurhamFox said:
Semper Eadem said:

Fair play to you. However we should remember the times he played well too. Last season he did well. I will leave you to ponder this with 2 words...

Gary

Coatsworth

How about another two

Brian

Carey

bluefox said:
DurhamFox said:
Semper Eadem said:

Gary

Coatsworth

How about another two

Brian

Carey

Well if you are going to lower the tone..............

Jimmy

Willis

Harsh Durham,initially Willis was awful but he did get better and wasn't that bad in the end IMO
Rob
Johnson

Coats was a centre midfielder so he dont count ;)

Ill give you Brian Carey though, he wa awful.

Willis Id put above Heath in terms of ability, Willis was an ok defender in this division :)

highland fox said:
Harsh Durham,initially Willis was awful but he did get better and wasn't that bad in the end IMO
Rob
Johnson

Admitedly he improved but his first few years were catastrophic. Richard Smith was a good player :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669