Matt Mills' Suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a reasoned explanation as to why Mills is committing these stupid tackles? Everyone was so excited when he signed and I don't think that he had a reputation whilst at Reading. I had thought that it might be Sven's attitude whereby defenders must be part of the team going forward, as well as defending. I expected that the arrival of NP would see Mills settle, but clearly it hasn't (yet): anyone have a theory as to why?

For the second time this season, he's let the team down away from home with a poorly executed challenge. He needs to be fined heavily and maybe he needs to lose the captaincy for a while.

For the second time this season, he's let the team down away from home with a poorly executed challenge. He needs to be fined heavily and maybe he needs to lose the captaincy for a while.

I would say that it is the third time - remember the hand ball that led to the penalty at Forest?

Lets hope that Wolves consider coming in for him in January. I really believe that for the amount we spent on him, we could have purchased foour or five decent defenders at Championship level

I would say that it is the third time - remember the hand ball that led to the penalty at Forest?

Can't blame him for that, it was never a penalty, mate. Just hit his hand.

How much did we sell Hobbs to Hull for again? Looking like a real poor decision now.

Again, I like many others was convinced the ref had got it wrong till seeing the replay. Maybe Tunch will get a go now? Or is he still far away from fitness?

I think that central defenders are the most likely to get red carded for poor tackles. When I've seen Mills play i couldn't fault him for commitment tho' he often looks as if he is going to get punished for a clumsy tackle.. But I seem to remember that he came with the reputation for making bad decisions and Reading fans said we had paid well over the odds. I'm afraid we were well ripped off and Reading must be so grateful to Sven. Time for SSL to raise his game I think and get Tunchev rolling again - especially with Bamba probably going to the African Nations Cup.

I know I already said this a couple of days a go, but I'll repeat it as the point has been brought up again, but I can fault his commitment plenty, most of the time he's lazy and just waits for the ball to come to him, particularly in the air there are lots of balls he should be attacking, but doesn't and allows the attacker to get in ahead of him.

I don't get this full-blooded, tough tackling, committed centre back image some of our fans seem to put forward of him, they must be watching an entirely different player to me, because I haven't seen that from him at all. I've seen far more of a player like Jack Hobbs, who does his job when the ball comes to him, but certainly isn't a particularly committed or full blooded Walsh/Elliott type centre-back, like I thought he'd be when we signed him.

Does anyone have a reasoned explanation as to why Mills is committing these stupid tackles? Everyone was so excited when he signed and I don't think that he had a reputation whilst at Reading. I had thought that it might be Sven's attitude whereby defenders must be part of the team going forward, as well as defending. I expected that the arrival of NP would see Mills settle, but clearly it hasn't (yet): anyone have a theory as to why?

I remember a lot of Reading fans saying he was very hot-headed and did make stupid challenges every now and again.

I think that's proving to be pretty accurate.

Spending £5m on a player doesn't work out well for us, does it?

It was just one of those things that's impossible to comprehend, much like how the **** Jenks got that score on Funky Pong.

I posted immediately on the forum that it was a joke decision. After watching it again my post was the joke as it was definitely a penalty - first block was OK but then he stupidly tripped him up. He should be immediately stripped of the captaincy - he is young and irresponsible and not a leader just yet. I am really hoping Tunch is fit again very soon and he can play alongside Bamba- maybe this will shake him up a little and he will learn from his mistakes.

I am really hoping Tunch is fit again very soon and he can play alongside Bamba

In the meantime, if Sol and Sledger do well it will give Nigel a really big decision to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669