Matt Mills' Suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absolutely incredible, Jenks! I can't even get 5 on the bastard thing, how the **** you got 539 is beyond comprehension to me.

Well there is clearly a way to cheat. I've just got ten using pure skill and not cheating. Vote Joe_Fox you tossers!

Well there is clearly a way to cheat. I've just got ten using pure skill and not cheating. Vote Joe_Fox you tossers!

It must be some kind of cheat. Looking at all the scores below Jenks', it's just incomprehensible to think how he can get that kinf of score.

Last edited:
The is a way. Not that I know it but a quick google search mentions as much. Appears at least one has been banned from a site for doing it.

Jenks Out!!!

Perhaps the Mercury headline should have read, 'I'm a ****ing idiot who is incapable of learning, says Leicester City skipper Matt Mills'.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Red-cards-won-t-make-change-style-vows-Leicester/story-14207868-detail/story.html

Leicester City captain Matt Mills has vowed not to change his committed approach, despite having already picked up two red cards this season.

The 25-year-old was dismissed for a two-footed tackle at Birmingham City in October and is set to return from suspension on Boxing Day against Ipswich Town.

He served a two-game ban for his second red at Hull, when he tripped Aaron McLean inside the area. It was the seventh red card of his career.

As a result, Mills has missed five games this season but said he will not alter his playing style, and insists he is not a dirty player.

"I will not change," he said. "Ninety-nine times out of 100 those kinds of tackles save goals, and I think if you look at some of the blocks and tackles I have made this season, they have stopped goals.

"The two red cards don't come close to how important those tackles were.

"I think I have been unfortunate, but it is what it is. The way in which I play it is going to happen across a season, but hopefully not again.

"As a defender, it is one of those things that is going to happen. Sometimes you get the decision go for you and other times you don't. You have to accept it.

"It isn't easy and I hate missing games but, hopefully, I won't be missing too many more this season.

"I have had a few red cards. I don't like conceding goals at the best of times.

"The penalty at Hull I thought was very harsh. It was an honest tackle and the referee made the decision, and I have to live with it.

"I won the ball 100 per cent at Birmingham but the follow-through, and the way it looked, it was perceived differently.

"I have never injured anyone in my career and I haven't been malicious in any tackle. That speaks for itself."

Mills accepted that in the modern game players have to adapt, but said referees could also exercise a little more restraint in showing red cards.

"Possibly, modern defenders need to adapt but there are a lot of young referees on the list this season and sometimes they are a little hasty," he said.

I do like a player to be confident in his ability and judgement, but if he's crap .....

Claiming those sorts of tackles save goals 99 times out of a 100 does suggest he has been at the christmas sauce though.

"The penalty at Hull I thought was very harsh. It was an honest tackle and the referee made the decision, and I have to live with it.

"I will not change," he said. "Ninety-nine times out of 100 those kinds of tackles save goals, and I think if you look at some of the blocks and tackles I have made this season, they have stopped goals.

Message to Matt Mills - you are retarded my friend, both tackles were red card offences, and you still can't see it - you must be as thick as a whale omlette.

Message to Matt Mills - you are retarded my friend, both tackles were red card offences, and you still can't see it - you must be as thick as a whale omlette.

He didn't say his tackles that he got sent of for did. Is retarded really the best insult you can use?

Most worrying thing is that NP obviously hasn't told him It's unacceptable to keep doing it.

Bloody hell, he does come across as a bit up himself though.

"The two red cards don't come close to how important those tackles were.

"I think I have been unfortunate, but it is what it is. The way in which I play it is going to happen across a season, but hopefully not again."

Firstly, I have seen none of these tackles which Mills is referring to which any average Championship defender wouldn't have made.

Secondly, yes, I think good discipline and not forcing your team to go down to 10 men very much does come close to how important those tackles were.

If Mills honestly thinks these sending offs and good discipline aren't as important as making a few decent tackles and he will just continue playing this way (and if he does, he's well on course for comfortably breaking the English record for the most red cards in his career) then he's a very, very naive footballer who won't go very far in the modern game, even worse is coming out and admitting this in the press.

Last edited:
No, I can use far more appropriate references to his intelligence (or otherwise). Next time I'll use a drop down list for you to choose from, if you agree?

Bloody hell, he does come across as a bit up himself though.

Firstly, I have seen none of these tackles which Mills is referring to which any average Championship defender wouldn't have made.

Secondly, yes, I think good discipline and not forcing your team to go down to 10 men very much does come close to how important those tackles were.

If Mills honestly thinks these sending offs and good discipline aren't as important as making a few decent tackles and he will just continue playing this way (and if he does, he's well on course for comfortably breaking the English record for the most red cards in his career) then he's a very, very naive footballer who won't go very far in the modern game, even worse is coming out and admitting this in the press.

He can't even see or remember that neither ''tackle'' were a percentage challenge where the opposition would more than likely have scored.

Even if they had have resulted in a goal, can he not work out that it would have been better to play with 11 on the pitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669