Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7009065,00.html?

Leicester are set to rival Wolves for the signature of Reading defender Matt Mills, skysports.com understands.

The ambitious Foxes hope to earn promotion to the Premier League next season and have already recruited Kasper Schmeichel from Leeds, Neil Danns from Crystal Palace and Lee Peltier from Huddersfield Town.
Tsepo Masilela will also complete a loan move to the Walkers Stadium once he receives clearance for a work permit, but boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has not yet finished his summer signings.

Mills is also understood to be on the former England manager's list of targets and Leicester could approach Championship rivals Reading, who suffered defeat in the play-off final last season.

The Royals have already rejected two bids from Premier League Wolves and are understood to value the centre-back at £4million.

It is unlikely that they will sell for anything less than that fee and Wolves chairman Jez Moxey has hinted that his club could look elsewhere.

Leicester may take advantage, but skysports.com also reported last week that Reading hoped to convince Mills to sign a new contract.

His middle name is Claude, that's good enough reason to sign him I reckon.

He's an excellent player IMO - exactly the sort we should be signingAll of which probably means it's a load of bollocks......

£4 million quid? I think he's a very good player but I'm not convinced he's worth that kind of outlay... Good to see that we're aiming for quality players though.

From what I have seen, he looks a quality player. The only centre back who I rate higher from last seasons championship is Ashley Williams.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7009065,00.html?

Leicester are set to rival Wolves for the signature of Reading defender Matt Mills, skysports.com understands.

The ambitious Foxes hope to earn promotion to the Premier League next season and have already recruited Kasper Schmeichel from Leeds, Neil Danns from Crystal Palace and Lee Peltier from Huddersfield Town.
Tsepo Masilela will also complete a loan move to the Walkers Stadium once he receives clearance for a work permit, but boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has not yet finished his summer signings.

Mills is also understood to be on the former England manager's list of targets and Leicester could approach Championship rivals Reading, who suffered defeat in the play-off final last season.

The Royals have already rejected two bids from Premier League Wolves and are understood to value the centre-back at £4million.

It is unlikely that they will sell for anything less than that fee and Wolves chairman Jez Moxey has hinted that his club could look elsewhere.

Leicester may take advantage, but skysports.com also reported last week that Reading hoped to convince Mills to sign a new contract.

Would be delighted if we got him. Just what we need.

£4 million quid? I think he's a very good player but I'm not convinced he's worth that kind of outlay... Good to see that we're aiming for quality players though.
I couldn't give a toss what he costs. Beats me why people go on about the money - he is the quality of player we need, and it's not me footing the bill

And compared to a perennial duffer like St. Ledger, he would be worth every penny

Last edited:
Quality player, and is looking to move from what I've heard. Get him in.

Would be delighted with that.

I couldn't give a toss what he costs. Beats me why people go on about the money - he is the quality of player we need, and it's not me footing the bill

And compared to a perennial duffer like St. Ledger, he would be worth every penny

Trappatoni and I would disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670