Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it further up somewhere ?

I think ?

I read that Reading rejected £3m from Wolves and they want £4m but that Wolves aren't interested in raising their bid but we are in prime rumour season and you can read all sorts of made up speculation.

Not good enough.

I know, it's one of the reasons you were banned in the 1st place, I'm sure as soon as Jeff makes a few moves on 1st July you will be a free agent once more.

From the article about Sean St Ledger about Matt Mills.

So could be 2 defenders on their way here

The Leicester-born 24-year-old centre-back has a year left on his Reading contract but looks certain to leave this summer.

Wolves have had one offer rejected so far, and it has been reported that the Royals are asking for £4m for their influential captain.

Wolves and Reading are said to be some way apart in their valuation, which has opened a door for City.

Mills was a player who was on City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson's wish-list earlier this summer.

City have now entered the chase and have spoken to Reading, and could meet the Royals' asking price to prise Mills away.

Bert (ft) reckons we have had a bid excepted, he is normally spot on, hope so because this lad is an awesome defender.. just what weve needed for years

Apparently a number of premier league sides interested - stoke, wolves, blackburn. Must say though I'd rather we splash £4m on him than the other big figure players we've been linked with. Can't see it happening if those clubs are interested but worth a punt all the same!

I'd like to think we can get better than St.Ledger, gone rapidly downhill recently from what I've heard...

He played in a poor side last season, and Boro failed to sign him as they were relegated.

He was once a very good player, and I still think he's a 'good' player. Sven will bring out his best qualities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670