Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.

BolWorn

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...play-off-hopes-says-Nugent-article869034.html

MATT MILLS is facing an uncertain future at Leicester after being frozen out by Nigel Pearson.

Defender Mills could be a shock casualty this summer less than 12 months after his £5m move from Reading.

The 25-year-old, who was named captain by former boss Sven Goran Eriksson, is not even in the 16-man squad for Thursday's game against Derby.

And Pearson could cash in on the centre-half after bringing in Wes Morgan from Nottingham Forest last month.

I think it deserves a thread of it's own.

I don't understand the bit about 'cashing in on him' .... what we likely to get? £1m?

Dosen't stand out to me as being a 'Pearson' kind of defender really

I think it deserves a thread of it's own.

I don't understand the bit about 'cashing in on him' .... what we likely to get? £1m?
He must be on pretty good wages bearing in mind the fee we are supposed to have paid for him ( and I don't blame him in the slightest for that ) then if any buyer is going to match those wages I'd guess we'd be lucky to get anywhere near a million. Serves us right for overpaying for him in the first place.

Dosen't stand out to me as being a 'Pearson' kind of defender really

What would you class as Pearson defender? We're talking about the same Pearson who brought Wayne Brown and Aleksander Tunchev to the club. One's a brusier who's not afraid to put in a tackle, the other is a skillful ball playing defender.

I don't agree that Pearson favours a certain type of defender, I think he just likes good defenders. Everyone said that when he turned up that'd be the end of Bamba, but he's featured prominently under Pearson so far. I think the 'Pearson defender' myth is just that.

We'll do well to recover £2 million from any sale from the fee we paid.

Anyway, it seemed as though St Ledger was going, and look how he's turned it around.

Of course we do not know at the moment who the centre backs for the Derby game are going to be. If Nigel sticks with Morgan and St Ledger then he should have Bamba rather than Mills on the bench. Leaving aside the fact that Bamba is IMO a much better player he is more versatile. Bamba can play in midfield as can St Ledger.

There were interesting comments in the Mercury by Neil Danns praising Wellens as captain. This implied that he did the job better than Mills. I accept that centrebacks are going to get booked when tackles go wrong. I cannot accept captains getting booked for tantrums.

Also, I'll be very surprised if we paid anything near £5million upfront. I would have thought the deal involved a lot of clauses, X amount paid after promotion, X amount paid after X amount of appearances etc. We might take a hit on this deal, but not to the tune of £5 million.

Mills has been a dead man walking since he had a bust up with Pearson and subsequently Morgan was brought in as his replacement.

I believe it was nearer £3m

What would you class as Pearson defender? We're talking about the same Pearson who brought Wayne Brown and Aleksander Tunchev to the club. One's a brusier who's not afraid to put in a tackle, the other is a skillful ball playing defender.

I don't agree that Pearson favours a certain type of defender, I think he just likes good defenders. Everyone said that when he turned up that'd be the end of Bamba, but he's featured prominently under Pearson so far. I think the 'Pearson defender' myth is just that.

I think that the fate of Sol Bamba will provide the proof as to whether there is a "Pearson" type of defender. Bamba is, clearly, the best centre back at the club and, it is equally evident that he does not fit the stereotype Pearson defender. I hope, and believe, that Pearson has more sense than to ditch quality.

I think that the fate of Sol Bamba will provide the proof as to whether there is a "Pearson" type of defender. Bamba is, clearly, the best centre back at the club and, it is equally evident that he does not fit the stereotype Pearson defender. I hope, and believe, that Pearson has more sense than to ditch quality.

Under what criteria do you decide that one ?

Dribbling around 3 players in your own penalty area and "getting away with it" when Row Z would have been safer does not equate to best

Mills & Bamba don't seem to be able to play as a partnership - we can't be certain whether that was down to Mills or Bamba, only when we see Bamba playing alongside either SSL or Wes for a run of games will we know the answer

Don't think anyone would miss him all that much. He has hardly justified the outlay on him..

Do tell.....

We all missed that one.

From a reliable source, Mills had a bust up with pearson after advising him that selecting 'the Manchester Mafia' in favour of players brought in after them was not the way to progress in the league.

As I understand it the Manchester Mafia are the likes of Gallagher and Wellens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566