Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a reliable source, Mills had a bust up with pearson after advising him that selecting 'the Manchester Mafia' in favour of players brought in after them was not the way to progress in the league.

As I understand it the Manchester Mafia are the likes of Gallagher and Wellens.

Proving that Matt has some idea about football but no idea how to deal with Nigel, a bloke who throws his toys out of the pram at the slightest hint or criticism or even advice.

Last edited:
From a reliable source, Mills had a bust up with pearson after advising him that selecting 'the Manchester Mafia' in favour of players brought in after them was not the way to progress in the league.

Is it just me or does Pearson have at least one or two bust ups at every club?

Mills for manager when Pearson is given the boot.

Is it just me or does Pearson have at least one or two bust ups at every club?

What would you do if one of your players came up to you and demanded to know why he wasn't playing in front of your boss or one of your players came up to you and told you how to manage your team? I think I'd probably kick off too.

Pearson seems to be quite a fair person to me, it would appear it's the players who have the problem.

Pearson seems to be quite a fair person to me, it would appear it's the players who have the problem.

I'd agree, that's how it appears to me as well. I'm more impressed that we have an actual Mafia though, how kewl is that?

What would you do if one of your players came up to you and demanded to know why he wasn't playing in front of your boss or one of your players came up to you and told you how to manage your team? I think I'd probably kick off too.

Good question and a scenario anybody in management positions anywhere will have dealt with.

For me, the job of manager is to get as much out of each individual member of your staff as is possible. You have to have very thick skin in the management game and be able to deal with all sorts of personalities.

I'm not really criticizing Pearson, but it does appear he has an approach of "my way or the highway" with some of the players he has managed...and some of those players have gone on to do quite well for themselves. Far be it from me to pass judgement, but his management style does lend itself to some butting of heads.

Wouldn't say this means the end of Mills.

SSL has come back a completely different player since his fall out earlier in the season and is now looking like our best defender. Hopefully the same thing can happen with Mills.

Good question and a scenario anybody in management positions anywhere will have dealt with.

For me, the job of manager is to get as much out of each individual member of your staff as is possible. You have to have very thick skin in the management game and be able to deal with all sorts of personalities.

I'm not really criticizing Pearson, but it does appear he has an approach of "my way or the highway" with some of the players he has managed...and some of those players have gone on to do quite well for themselves. Far be it from me to pass judgement, but his management style does lend itself to some butting of heads.

I agree with you on his 'my way or the highway' attitude - but if you stay on the right side of him he appears to be a great boss to work for and I'm sure a lot of the team would attest to that. I think he certainly takes the right approach -it's all about respect. How do you think Alex Ferguson would handle it? Or Brian Clough? Or Martin O'Neill? I certainly don't think any of them would take it.

If I went up to my boss at work and told him I didn't think he was using the right team members for a certain task, I'd get told in no uncertain terms that it's none of my business. If I went up to my boss, while he was with his boss, and criticised him for not giving me a certain job or something, I'd probably end up out on my ear for gross misconduct.

Just more proof that footballers are completely and utterly divorced from reality.

I'd agree, that's how it appears to me as well. I'm more impressed that we have an actual Mafia though, how kewl is that?

Careful what you say, you could end up at the bottom of the Soar with a pair of Richie Wellens' concrete boots on your feet. I always wondered why he was so immobile...

If I went up to my boss at work and told him I didn't think he was using the right team members for a certain task, I'd get told in no uncertain terms that it's none of my business. If I went up to my boss, while he was with his boss, and criticised him for not giving me a certain job or something, I'd probably end up out on my ear for gross misconduct.

Depends on the organization Rich. Certainly there are plenty of organizations that encourage open dialogue between employees and management. I prefer to work in an environment like that (even as a manager) and they are becoming more common.

Last edited:
criticizing?

organization?

what's next...a lazer?

If Mills had been playing to the value of his transfer value you could argue he had a point, he's been shit from day 1. Blaming other people for his own failure is an annoying trait.

I agree with you on his 'my way or the highway' attitude - but if you stay on the right side of him he appears to be a great boss to work for and I'm sure a lot of the team would attest to that........

It depends, of course, upon how this alleged conversation was undertaken. If we assume that Mills went up to Pearson and said words to the effect that Pearson was stupid and his team choices equally so, then Mills deserves to be out on his ear in record time. It is interesting, however, that Pearson signings are all 'small fry'; he does not surround himself with opinionated people and I am never in favour of an unquestioning set up. Whilst Pearson may be an experienced manager, a second opinion, if politely given, is no bad thing.

It is interesting, however, that Pearson signings are all 'small fry'; he does not surround himself with opinionated people

How exactly do you know this? Or are you just making completely unsupported assertions?

How exactly do you know this? Or are you just making completely unsupported assertions?

Of course! :icon_bigg It appears so, to me. I am not personal friends with either Mr Pearson, or any of the current Leicester City squad. Let me turn this around; who do you think might argue his case in the current team?

Of course! :icon_bigg It appears so, to me. I am not personal friends with either Mr Pearson, or any of the current Leicester City squad. Let me turn this around; who do you think might argue his case in the current team?

Wellens and Gallagher for two, both who he signed.

You stated that "he does not surround himself with opinionated people" which is baseless. You've no idea if that is true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669