Matt Oakley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mercury are reporting we've beaten off 4 other clubs, so it appears he only wants to come here. Still not happy until pen is put to paper.

Where's it say that? :102:

Pah!

Just think it's a slightly peculiar approach to add players (Howard and Oakley) who are totally devoid of confidence to a squad who are totally devoid of confidence. It gives Ollie a heck of a job to do with them.

Anyway, what do I know eh?

Yeah... we should sign shit players from good clubs, that way they'll have lots of confidence and no talent.

Where's it say that? :102:

BREAKING NEWS: CITY SWOOP FOR RAMS ACE

11:13 - 11 January 2008

Leicester City are set to make it a double swoop on Derby as they have lined up the signing of midfielder Matt Oakley from Pride Park.

The 30-year-old former Southampton man was scheduled for medical checks today.

If the formalities are completed in time, Oakley would be available for tomorrow's home clash with Coventry City alongside his former Rams colleague Steve Howard.

The fee is as yet undisclosed but it is understood that, under certain conditions, it could rise to as much as £1million.

Oakley's arrival would make him the sixth player signed by City boss Ian Holloway since the transfer window opened.

City beat off competition from four other Championship sides, and what possibly tipped the balance in Oakley's mind was his close friendship with striker Howard, who came to the Walkers Stadium two weeks ago.

Oakley, who was at Southampton for 12 seasons, has agreed terms on a three-and-a-half year deal and his arrival, if sealed, would mean a possible six players making home debuts tomorrow, either starting or going on from the bench.

Holloway had always rated his midfield as the weakest department but, with skipper Stephen Clemence back from suspension and James Wesolowski now fit, at last he has options in that area.

Six new men in might seem like plenty of business but the City boss is impatient for more.

He said: "I feel like I have done nothing really. What we did have planned, and what we hoped to do, a lot of it has fallen through.

"We have lost out all week on deals we hoped would be done to get some balance here, because people have had to play out of position. I have tried to bring people in to help us.

"I had a couple of pieces in place but I lost them. Such is life, onwards and upwards."

Meanwhile, City have loaned out youth team keeper Alex Cisak to Tamworth until the end of the season.

Just there :icon_wink

Last edited:
it's sad days if everyone is getting so excited about matt oakley!! ffs. yeh he's ok but nothing to get massively excited by, far too similar to clemence and went he was at southampton he was about the most injury prone player of all time! yipee

it's sad days if everyone is getting so excited about matt oakley!! ffs. yeh he's ok but nothing to get massively excited by, far too similar to clemence and went he was at southampton he was about the most injury prone player of all time! yipee

Wrong time off the month you miserable sod ??

I presume you haven't actually seen him play for about 3 years then.

yeah innit i tink ollie shud sign stevie g.

Fecking BM's...........:018:

just being realistic!

What signing the ever present captain of a premier league team, who can score goals and was absolutely quality in this league last year for 500k and he is only 30 so he has a few good years left in him yet.

Yes I can see your concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670