Speculation Max Gradel to return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

According to the Mail, we're competing with Fulham and West Ham to sign him.

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2028999/Max-Gradel-chased-Fulham-West-ham-Leicester.html?

Leeds' wantaway forward Max Gradel has confirmed Fulham are rivalling West Ham and Leicester for his signature. Gradel, 23, said: 'Are Fulham interested in buying me? Yes. I know West Ham are interested in buying me, too.'

West Ham are close to signing Nice winger Eric Mouloungui, 27, for £2.5m and have taken Lens striker Hamdi Billal on trial for 10 days. The 19-year-old said: 'Hopefully I can earn a contract.'

Personally I'd be very happy for him to come back here. Think Pearson was wrong to sell him, and he's grown to be one of the best wingers in this league. Could be ideal for us.

But... I don't see it happening.

Last edited:
According to the Mail, we're competing with Fulham and West Ham to sign him.

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2028999/Max-Gradel-chased-Fulham-West-ham-Leicester.html?

Personally I'd be very happy for him to come back here. Think Pearson was wrong to sell him, and he's grown to be one of the best wingers in this league. Could be ideal for us.

But... I don't see it happening.

I concur on both points. I think we are linked as a touch of lazy journalism, as we have cash to spend, so therefore any Championship player who wants out could be sold to 'ambitious/moneybags/big spending* Leicester.

* - delete tired newspaper cliche as appropriate.

Don't think this will happen, but would love it if it did!

Last edited:
Would be great if we did as I think he is real quality and it has proven to be one of Pearsons biggest mistakes in letting him go, however looking at the direct quote he mentions Fulham and West Ham but nothing about us.......

Don't see why he'd want to come back here to be honest, I know the regime has changed since Nigel Pearson, but he left under a bit of a cloud really - frustrated at not getting games, not taken seriously by the management...

Plus it'd be really annoying to spend a fortune on a player we sold for next to nothing a couple of years ago. We definitely should have included a buy back clause when we sold him to Leeds.

It wasn't a mistake letting him go. He was a mardy-arsed kid who wasn't good enough for our team or style of play at the time. Without going to Leeds to get regular playing time, he'd never have been as good as he is now.

Don't see why he'd want to come back here to be honest, I know the regime has changed since Nigel Pearson, but he left under a bit of a cloud really - frustrated at not getting games, not taken seriously by the management...

Plus it'd be really annoying to spend a fortune on a player we sold for next to nothing a couple of years ago. We definitely should have included a buy back clause when we sold him to Leeds.

So you are saying he wouldn't come back to play for Sven because he wasn't taken seriously by Nigel Pearson?

And how do you know we didn't include a buy back clause or a sell on clause?

He was never likely to show his worth in Pearson's hooftastic team. Pearson chose N'Guessan as a replacement for Gradel which we can only assume was due to his height and build, seeing as he offers **** all in the way of ability. At the time he was sold I was critical of Gradel's attitude, but on reflection any professional should be mardy at being out of the picture then sent out on loan when the replacements were dire.

He was never likely to show his worth in Pearson's hooftastic team. Pearson chose N'Guessan as a replacement for Gradel which we can only assume was due to his height and build, seeing as he offers **** all in the way of ability. At the time he was sold I was critical of Gradel's attitude, but on reflection any professional should be mardy at being out of the picture then sent out on loan when the replacements were dire.

It's obvious even from limited highlights that his attitude hasn't changed

Seems like a brat with a spoilt little kids attitude. Get's sent off fairly often and turned his back on the club once already. Quite why I'm even entertaining the thought that this news isn't complete bollocks is beyond me.

I'll have to agree with Beighton here,actually I'll go one step further and say that a number of our fans are a complete and utter embarrassment!
Now I am not like a few on here who are not happy unless they are moaning or think its cool to slag off anything that most think is good or buy a replica shirt,I am even known for often wearing my blue tinted specs.But some of the actions/comments from our so called fans is painful to witness.

1.Fosse boys. A group of lads who are trying to be something thay never will be and whilst doing it ruining match day for a lot of people,then arguing with stewards and walking out of the game.

2.The poznan.Why why why did a section of our fans seem to think we wont look like ****s by trying to do this.

3.The chants for Weale last season everytime Ricardo punched the ball.

4.The phone in on a monday night where deluded fans suggest players we should sign who have no footballing ability ie.Hume.

5.The few who after two losses thought we should replace our world class manager.

6.The people who think MON would be a saviour and all he has to do is walk back through the doors and we will be crowned champions.

7.The ones that say "we don't want Yakubu,he only scores goals".

This list could go on and on.Matchdays are not what they used to be for me becasuse a large percentage of Leicester City fans really do seem to know nothing about football.

I'll have to agree with Beighton here,actually I'll go one step further and say that a number of our fans are a complete and utter embarrassment!
Now I am not like a few on here who are not happy unless they are moaning or think its cool to slag off anything that most think is good or buy a replica shirt,I am even known for often wearing my blue tinted specs.But some of the actions/comments from our so called fans is painful to witness.

1.Fosse boys. A group of lads who are trying to be something thay never will be and whilst doing it ruining match day for a lot of people,then arguing with stewards and walking out of the game.

2.The poznan.Why why why did a section of our fans seem to think we wont look like ****s by trying to do this.

3.The chants for Weale last season everytime Ricardo punched the ball.

4.The phone in on a monday night where deluded fans suggest players we should sign who have no footballing ability ie.Hume.

5.The few who after two losses thought we should replace our world class manager.

6.The people who think MON would be a saviour and all he has to do is walk back through the doors and we will be crowned champions.

7.The ones that say "we don't want Yakubu,he only scores goals".

This list could go on and on.Matchdays are not what they used to be for me becasuse a large percentage of Leicester City fans really do seem to know nothing about football.

I said to my dad after the Bristol game that the people around me are rapidly turning me into a glory fan, it is a chore to drag myself to games at the minute (the end of last season was no different) and I might just stay away until we are winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669