Max Gradel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not impressed enough in training to warrant being picked for the first team.

Probably because N'Guessan, Oakley, Gallagher, Dyer and Adams all offer better options on the wings.

Promising player who hasn't fulfilled his promise?

Until he learns how to cross the ball accurately he will always be on the fringe of the team I am afraid.

I just don't think he is good enough at this level, he don't take player on and can't cross, he needs to go out on loan again.

Valid points, but i dont agree that he's a bad player.

You would think that he at least made the bench on occasion or in the carling cup?

He wont learn unless he gets his chance, and if thats not going to happen he needs to be loaned out.

Other than Harbro (and who listens to him :icon_wink) has said that he is a bad player. But NP clearly doesn't think he is good enough either for the team or the bench.

It may be that he has been available for loan but nobody has taken us (him) up on the offer.

Needs to do some serious improving if he is ever going to make it at this level. I can see why the fans like him, he's tenacious and loves to run with the ball at his feet, but his technical ability is awful. He can't cross, he can't take corners very well, his passing and shots leave much to be desired and his decision making is rubbish too - he might be able to get some better crosses, passes or shots off if he knew when to release the ball, but he doesn't.

I've seen him in a few reserves matches, most recently against Sheff U, and he doesn't show any signs of having worked on these aspects of his game. Adams has made the bench and featured in some games because he's knuckled down and improved, and it doesn't seem that Gradel has improved or made the effort to.

Tbh i thought gradel was always pretty decent at corners, and the fact he was given the number 7 shirt at the start of the season made me feel he must have been in pearson's thinking at some point. However it seems he clearly hasn't done enough to impress in training

to go from first team/sub last season to not even been on the bench even once this season suggests something has happened in the background. It seems a bit shocking he hasnt even been on the bench. Sort of like the DJ situation except we know the DJ reason.

Valid points, but i dont agree that he's a bad player.

You would think that he at least made the bench on occasion or in the carling cup?

He wont learn unless he gets his chance, and if thats not going to happen he needs to be loaned out.

Good heavens Kingy we agree.

Max Gradel is very young and I believe he has the potential to be better than Lloyd Dyer eventually. When he played at the end of all season he was morer aware and more disciplined than he had been at the start of the season. I hope his talent will not go to waste.

Max also deserves credit for that wonderful free kick he scored which for me was the best goal of last season.

I am hoping he does not go the way of Porter and falls from grace altogether. I think he is a good player, who deserves a chance at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669