MB, Talk to me, Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

step

Steven said:
Steven said:
There is an unsubstantiated rumour that we are in talks to sell Williams and Hughes to Sunderland for 2 1/2 million. :D :D :p :p :roll: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

And the last player in is Stephen Hughes from Leicester. Dont know if anyone has heard of this guy but he was recently selt to Leicester from Rangers for a nominal fee. Sunderland are the other main contender for his signature but Pearce fanices his chances. He was actually looking at Darren Kenton when he saw Hughes playing for Leicester. The bid is supposed to be in the region of 1.7m. But his availibiltiy is unknown. Ill try and post more when i know. And if you are wondering how i get this info it is simply becuase i am the son of a board memeber.

This is a rumour that Man City are looking at buying Hughes now. :eek: :eek:

Mad Biker, Please tell me there is no truth in these rumours

Step you have to remember that these rumours are very speculative and are more often than not wrong. However a number do turn out to be true. :roll: :p :p This could be luck or judgement, all I would say is that I would not put too much store in them and not lose any sleep over them. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

i cant imagine it would be true, itd be pure insanity to sell 2 talented young central midfielders given how depleted a squad we already have and given leveins desire to build a squad with players who have already been at the club a while

I cannot believe we would contemplate selling either of these players, these 2 could be the difference between mid table and challenging for promotion, two players of geniune premiership quality, Hughes who reminds me of Muzzy and Williams who has good vision and an excellent range of passing and both players sure to improve and develop under CL.

I think this rumour along with the Connolly to Watford are complete and utter bollox. (At least I fookin hope so anyway!)

Think I can put your minds at rest concerning Hughes, However the Williams situation is`nt quite as certain !

I did read about Williams being available to the right offer in some Sunday paper months back.It's difficult to imagine him and Hughes in the same side week in week out.What do you think we'd get for him? £300,000?

Would hope for a bit more than that really but transfer fees have become a bit more realistic now so you may well be about right, also agree that playing them both is very difficult as they are so similar, it would mean sticking one of them out wide, a real shame though, I really rate Williams he`s a cracking player, still, he aint gone (yet) !

Very interesting. :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Id hope for more than 300k, didnt we pay nearly 500k for williams??? I would expect maybe 300k up front but then rising to a million based on appearances, for club and country. Cant see the point in selling otherwise, we might as well hold on to him, try and 'unleash' his undoubted potential.

Lboro fox said:
mad biker said:
No, not BM, it`s a Ducati :lol:

I can only assume thats a bike joke!! Sorry its wasted on me!! :D

A BMW motorcycle I presume. ;-)

bmw2.jpg

the only 2 ways i can see playing them both and getting the best out of them is to play one striker and one of them just behind or 3-5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669