MB, Talk to me, Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
alex said:
drummindefender said:
hughes or williams as a striker, your having a giraffe aren't you

Hughes playing behind the front two would be awesome IMO.

williams would be better in that position cos of his goalscoring ability, hughes is a better passer so would be better in the middle

alex said:
drummindefender said:
hughes or williams as a striker, your having a giraffe aren't you

Hughes playing behind the front two would be awesome IMO.

I think 3-5-2 tiatto in the middle as the holding defender, williams and hughs wither side with two wing backs (porbably maybury and stewart)

It will never, ever happen - Levein is 4-4-2 and that's that

There will be no wing backs, and no one "in the hole" (especially Webbo)

Stop playing Champ Manager

homer said:

it is now known as football manager actually :roll: :p ;-)

Like Homer says CL will always play 4-4-2,the only time he will revert to a different formation is when he doesn't have the players available to play 4-4-2 i.e injuries,suspensions.

drummindefender said:
homer said:

it is now known as football manager actually :roll: :p ;-)

i know he is but it's my opinion.

and i don't play champ manager or football manager as i don't have a computer at home (apart from the game cube - which i never use)

highland fox said:
Like Homer says CL will always play 4-4-2,the only time he will revert to a different formation is when he doesn't have the players available to play 4-4-2 i.e injuries,suspensions.

What about the F.A cup matches last season?

No one should play next to MDV, cos the way he played last season, he should not be playing.
We need two strikers.........................................

step said:
No one should play next to MDV, cos the way he played last season, he should not be playing.
We need two strikers.........................................

Aren't you going to give him a chance :?: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

You know whats wrong with this thread ? :eek:

All the speculation . Here we are , in a situation where CL has stated his general plan (re: new , more youthfull squad etc. ) And now , people are guessing who may go where for how much ?

To be fair , I and many others are excited at the prospect of having Hughes and Williams play for us next season , they showed us a glimpse of their potential last season. But due them being still 'new' to the squad , and CL has yet to finalise his 1st team, maybe we r a bit premature in worrying about losing players that have yet to , well , lets say , 'shine way above others ' ? A full season for them both will not do them any harm in the transfer market , (if thats what they want) but also it will give CL the info he needs on making an 'offer' to keep them , if thats his decision.

lcfcalan said:
You know whats wrong with this thread ? :eek:

All the speculation . Here we are , in a situation where CL has stated his general plan (re: new , more youthfull squad etc. ) And now , people are guessing who may go where for how much ?

To be fair , I and many others are excited at the prospect of having Hughes and Williams play for us next season , they showed us a glimpse of their potential last season. But due them being still 'new' to the squad , and CL has yet to finalise his 1st team, maybe we r a bit premature in worrying about losing players that have yet to , well , lets say , 'shine way above others ' ? A full season for them both will not do them any harm in the transfer market , (if thats what they want) but also it will give CL the info he needs on making an 'offer' to keep them , if thats his decision.

I understand what you are saying Alan.

We should only allow Hughes to go if the offer was too good to turn down. In my opinion Craig could do some really good business with some decent money to spend and we could actually end up with a better overall team without him. Having said that i really dont want him to go and i dont think any clubs would spend big money on a player who has yet to play a full season in Scotland, let alone England.

As for Williams, i see this slightly different. Only because i think he may have signed a 2 year contract when he came here last summer. Correct me if i am wrong but if i am right this means he can leave for nothing at the end of next season. Narurally this would be an ideal checkpoint to review his position at the club. He showed flashes and periods of very good play last year but was also inconsistant and went missing in games. Like you say maybe this season, with a more settled side, he will perform more consistantly. But a review of his situation at this point is wise.

I may be wrong here, and if so I apologise in advance, but I thought Williams signed a 3 year deal when he joined last summer. As for all this speculation I tend to agree with lcfcalan, just recently browsing through the various forums there have been countless rumours speculating who we will sign next or who is poised to leave and whilst in the main it is funny and helps pass the time waiting for the new season, it has got somewhat out of hand as on certain forums the manager has been slated because of links to certain players many of these unsubstantiated.

IMO we should have faith in CL and his scouting network, so far we have signed some very good young players, and whilst the jury is still out on MDV I believe this season he will come good, so I cannot understand why there is so much negativity. Also if CL allows somebody to move on it will be because he believes it is in the best interests of the club long term.

Wiiliams did sign a 3 year contract but CL might think its worth selling him in order to buy someone else.A decent young Striker for instance.

for the majority of last season the midfield didnt get forward to support the striker(s) and i thought that was why we constantly lacked any goalscoring oportunities. the main reason for no forwards going forward i would imagine is a total lack of belief in our defence (with nikos i am not suprised) but next season with maybury, paddy and whoever else, the midfield should be given more freedom and not have to think of doing someone elses job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669