McClaren Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidently, can anybody please explain why we must have a British manager of the England team but, it is racist to suggest quotas of English players in the English league?
Because in the English league we have foreign players and foreign managers.

In the international team we have only English players, so why not only English managers?

Quite right, the players are just as much to blame as McClown. They are gutless primadonnas who are not as half as good as they think they are. As a seperate point they make a great deal out the fact that they give their international match fees to charity ( about £1,500 each per match ) but don't also mention they keep their Team England commercial money ( earned from advertising, sponsorship, etc. ) which averages in excess £250,000 per annum for regular player.

How much do you give to charity? Over £1,500 a month?

OK they get paid a shit load of money and performances like last night shows that they dont deserve it, but thats football. The reason they get that much money is because of who they are. It is the sponsors and advertisers who are falling over themselves to give the cash.

Are the players really going to say no we dont want that much money, give it all to charity? If people have a problem with the amount of money they make then dont watch football. The sponsorship revenue would go down and they wanted get paid as much. Moaning about it is going to do fcuk all!:icon_roll

Because in the English league we have foreign players and foreign managers.

In the international team we have only English players, so why not only English managers?

Because none of them have the experience or tactical knowledge for big tournaments.

Sky need to accept a huge amount of responsility in this.

For what? Sky don't choose how football allocates the huge amounts of money that they pay for screening rights - the recipients, FA, League, Clubs do.

The Sky money should have been filtered down to grass roots, developing stadia, keeping ticket prices down etc etc etc rather than making multi-millionaires out of bog-standard young men who think they can play football.

One day (soon) the bubble will burst anyway. There *is* far too much money in the game.

England manager loses details of 25 million alternative goalkeepers
1043.jpg
Sources within the Football Association have revealed that national coach Steve McClaren lost two crucial CDs containing vital data about England’s European Championship campaign. Apparently the two disks contained details of 25 million alternative goalkeepers and one about individuals who might possibly support Peter Crouch up front.
Details of the 25 million better goalies were held in a spreadsheet listing biometric details such as ‘Ability to see ball’ and ‘Can catch’ and ‘Propensity to concede shocking howlers in the first ten minutes of the game’.
Although millions of the individuals listed on the disks were under ten years old (half of which were of course girls), it is thought that these players might still have given the England manager a few more options between the sticks. ‘Little Jessica Harrison celebrated her eighth birthday yesterday – she probably would have stopped the first one’ said Alan Hanson. ‘And what was Sol Campbell doing all game that eighty-seven year old Edna Johnson couldn’t have done if the coach hadn’t lost her address and telephone number?’
Steve McClaren now looks set to lose his job as England manager, and the FA are looking at their list of alternatives. These are held on a couple of CD Roms which were posted to Soho Square and should have turned up over a week ago. In the meantime England will have to find another goalkeeper to play in next summer’s crucial friendlies against Andorra and San Marino. Alistair Darling has volunteered to pull on the Number One shirt.
1044.jpg

How much do you give to charity? Over £1,500 a month?

OK they get paid a shit load of money and performances like last night shows that they dont deserve it, but thats football. The reason they get that much money is because of who they are. It is the sponsors and advertisers who are falling over themselves to give the cash.

Are the players really going to say no we dont want that much money, give it all to charity? If people have a problem with the amount of money they make then dont watch football. The sponsorship revenue would go down and they wanted get paid as much. Moaning about it is going to do fcuk all!:icon_roll

As a proportion of my earnings I can assure you I give more. I wasn't moaning as such, merely pointing out that the players had made a PR song and dance about the match fees move, whereas I am sure most fans would be unaware even of the existence of " Team Engaland ", that's all. The players are trying to make out they are really generous, whereas IMO they are not.

Last edited:
As a proportion of my earnings I can assure you I give more. I wasn't moaning as such, merely pointing out that the players had made a PR song and dance about the match fees move, whereas I am sure most fans would be unaware even of the existence of " Team Engaland ", that's all. The players are trying to make out they are really generous, whereas IMO they are not.

The players are trying to answer the negative PR they have received from the media over earning. OK it is only a token gesture, but it is still more then the majority of people give, yet people still say they should give more, why?

Last edited:
The players are trying to answer the negative PR they have received from the media over earning. OK it is only a token gesture, but it is still more then the majority of people give, yet people still say they should give more, why?

As a percentage of their earnings it is well below what I give, and I would guess below what a great many people give. They have no right to complain about bad media/PR when most of the high profile players have ghost-written puff pieces in the press ( for which they are paid a small fortune ), many use the services of PR companies themselves to promote what they or their wags are up to, and don't even get me on the sale of their wedding pics to the like of OK! magazine.

As a percentage of their earnings it is well below what I give, and I would guess below what a great many people give. They have no right to complain about bad media/PR when most of the high profile players have ghost-written puff pieces in the press ( for which they are paid a small fortune ), many use the services of PR companies themselves to promote what they or their wags are up to, and don't even get me on the sale of their wedding pics to the like of OK! magazine.

Ok forget percentage of earnings, in cold hard cash its more the most people. Charities dont give a shit if you are giving half your salary or 10%, it comes down to the cash.

I didnt say they had a right to complain about the bad PR, i was just suggesting that is why they made the token gesture of giving their match fees. IMO they can do what they want with their cash, who Im I to tell them what to do with it.

Im not really sure what your point is on wedding pics? If somebody offered you £500,000 to take professional pics at your wedding and then to publish it so all your friends and family could see the pics you would say no?

Im not really sure what your point is on wedding pics? If somebody offered you £500,000 to take professional pics at your wedding and then to publish it so all your friends and family could see the pics you would say no?

Being as I would be loaded, yes. What comes with the deal that your friends and family are frisked by security on the day so all cameras and phones that can take pictures are confiscated, and then the day is basically run by the photographic director - you won't get any off the cuff pictures just featuring the bride and Aunt Alice, for instance. Really romantic, isn't it. Just goes to show that most ( not all ) footballers at the higher level are intersted in one thing above all - money.

I flet this video deserved to be posted:

[YOUTUBE]19T3_sw8jZM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675