McClaren Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feriol

GMTV breaking news says there are reports he has been sacked. Nothing official yet.

I think the entire FA should be sacked. They appointed the fool. A big clear out and rebuild IMO.

I think the entire FA should be sacked. They appointed the fool. A big clear out and rebuild IMO.

If not purely for the fact they gave an unproven Manager a 4 year deal!!! Say to him, get us to the finals and we review your contract. Would save them millions in compo which they should then plow into grass roots and lower league teams who are on the brink of going out of business.

Too late though.

This is nothing worth celebrating.

In their own words this morning, the FA shoulder group responsibility for his appointment and yet they will not resign en masse.

Barwick is in charge of appointing the next one. Christ on a bike! How can anything improve when those responsible for making these decisions hold their jobs despite the fact that they have been publically humiliated while making public faux pas in the past.

How can these people just avoid any responsibility for their own actions?

There's no damn justice.

Sky need to accept a huge amount of responsility in this.

The players are now getting way too much money from their clubs, and hold more power than any Manager they may play under for England.

Players egos are bigger than an respect they have for a Manager. They don't care about the England Manager because he can't sack them, but if he does, so what.

This is nothing worth celebrating.

In their own words this morning, the FA shoulder group responsibility for his appointment and yet they will not resign en masse.

Barwick is in charge of appointing the next one. Christ on a bike! How can anything improve when those responsible for making these decisions hold their jobs despite the fact that they have been publically humiliated while making public faux pas in the past.

How can these people just avoid any responsibility for their own actions?

There's no damn justice.

...but at least they have: "grown up conversations"! :098:

I thought McClaren would do well. How wrong was I.

I'm backing Stuart Pearce to become the next England manager.

The players are now getting way too much money from their clubs, and hold more power than any Manager they may play under for England.

Players egos are bigger than an respect they have for a Manager. They don't care about the England Manager because he can't sack them, but if he does, so what.

Quite right, the players are just as much to blame as McClown. They are gutless primadonnas who are not as half as good as they think they are. As a seperate point they make a great deal out the fact that they give their international match fees to charity ( about £1,500 each per match ) but don't also mention they keep their Team England commercial money ( earned from advertising, sponsorship, etc. ) which averages in excess £250,000 per annum for regular player.

I tend to agree and yet, we are not the only country with overpaid players and somehow everyone, but the English, retain some pride in their country. It is a problem which goes much deeper than football.
Incidently, can anybody please explain why we must have a British manager of the England team but, it is racist to suggest quotas of English players in the English league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566