mcleod transfer listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get this kid in.... our strikers are in the main, short in numbers and short in ability so get young Izale in and another striker for good measure.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand the instant desire of a lot of people to go out and spend in excess of £1 million on a striker that has only proven themselves in League 2! What makes everyone think that he is going to be so much better than Fryatt, he proven himself to be quite an apt striker in League 2 yet he seems to get more than enough stick on here for be 'incompetent' ( I actually have faith in MF that he can turn into a really good striker and great goalscorer).

In addition to this, why go out and gamble in excess of £1 million when we could sign a striker proven at this level and other European leagues, who also has international experience and would probably cost half as much as the gamble. :102:

Fryatt, Hume, Saga, Cort and Sappleton would be a good choice of strikers and allow us to work on other areas of the team. MIDFIELD!!!

our strikers haven't been in good form for many a season. if we had some healthy competition it would be good. i for one will not be questioning why we are getting all these strikers!!!!

i want mcleod in! decent striker, plays well under martin allen! why not! cort hume fryatt saganowski and the 17 yr old 2! not bad eh!

i want mcleod in! decent striker, plays well under martin allen! why not! cort hume fryatt saganowski and the 17 yr old 2! not bad eh!

You seen him play a lot for MK Dons then? :102:

well a leagues top scorer doesnt play bad to bag the most goals in the divison does he? or did he fluke them all??

well a leagues top scorer doesnt play bad to bag the most goals in the divison does he? or did he fluke them all??

Not sure, as I have never seen him play a match. All I know is that a certain T. Benjamin was also quite prolific at that same level and he was amazing. :icon_roll

In addition, Matty Fryatt was top scorer in League 2 when we signed him and quite a lot of people on here would say that he has not exactly set the world on fire since arriving here.

He could turn out to be a decent player but it is a gamble, and IMO a gamble not worth taking, we have enough young, 'up and coming' players and could do with a few wise heads being added to the squad. We could get someone that is currently better than IMcL for cheaper, with IMcL you are paying for the potential as well. If we were to sign a young striker, I would rather us sign a decent youngster from the Premiership on loan as there is less risk in that move.

Last edited:
Not sure, as I have never seen him play a match. All I know is that a certain T. Benjamin was also quite prolific at that same level and he was amazing. :icon_roll

In addition, Matty Fryatt was top scorer in League 2 when we signed him and quite a lot of people on here would say that he has not exactly set the world on fire since arriving here.

He could turn out to be a decent player but it is a gamble, and IMO a gamble not worth taking, we have enough young, 'up and coming' players and could do with a few wise heads being added to the squad. We could get someone that is currently better than IMcL for cheaper, with IMcL you are paying for the potential as well. If we were to sign a young striker, I would rather us sign a decent youngster from the Premiership on loan as there is less risk in that move.

The voice of reason!

Added to that, at least Fryatt and Benjamin hadn’t played in either the top flight or the championship when we bought them (rather like a certain Billy Sharp everyone’s raving about), McLeod has and was utter garbage… now maybe he’s improved, but being top scorer in League Two proves very little and certainly doesn’t justify the £2mil that MKDons are asking for him (actually I’d say he was worth less than a quarter of that!).

Being a "good" second division player may be his level. Its a lot of money to punt on a lower league player IMO, and to add to that he only scored 20 goals, compared with around 30 for Billy Sharpe in a division higher.
A shit hot forward would have scored more goals in a division that is lower than his natural ability

People keep going back to him already playing at a higher level and didn't do anything, he is only 22, don't lose your head people.
I am not bothered either way on Mcleod, he has now learnt a thing or two and proven he can score goals down there, you never know he might bring a kind of magic to the team, if he is not silly money there can be only one person who knows if he is worth a gamble.

McAuley ws rated highly at this level and has stepped up ok, i believe if Izale is a natural goalscorer at 22yo he is worth a gamble. He must have quality or he would not have layed for England U21's

McAuley ws rated highly at this level and has stepped up ok, i believe if Izale is a natural goalscorer at 22yo he is worth a gamble. He must have quality or he would not have layed for England U21's

its really easy to gamble with someone elses money....

im fed up of gambling, look where we are now becuase of having a gamble.

i can see why our new danish friend came here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669