MdV Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
bocadillo said:
7 from 45 (29+16 sub) in the League is correct.
1 from 6 (3+3) in the FA Cup
2 from 4 (3+1) in the League Cup.

Thanks Boc, I knew I could count on you! :icon_wink

bocadillo said:
They're actually supposed to be representational of water-lily leaves.
Quite possibly even camper then

Boy Genius said:
That was for people who didnt realise Dutch was Holland......:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Of couse if a real pedant came along, he would tell you that MdV has not gone to Holland at all.

I've got a mate from Eindhoven and he gets really upset when people say that he comes from Holland. "How many times do I have to say this?", he says. "Holland is only two provinces in the whole of the Neddylands and Eindhoven is in neither of them!" And neither is Heerenveen.

The good news is that, if Joey goes, we will be safe to say that he has gone to Holland. (and by that, I don't mean that Joey going will be good news)

lazzer said:
good job there no pedants on this site then boc :)

That's what I was thinking too.

bocadillo said:
Of couse if a real pedant came along, he would tell you that MdV has not gone to Holland at all.

I've got a mate from Eindhoven and he gets really upset when people say that he comes from Holland. "How many times do I have to say this?", he says. "Holland is only two provinces in the whole of the Neddylands and Eindhoven is in neither of them!" And neither is Heerenveen.

The good news is that, if Joey goes, we will be safe to say that he has gone to Holland. (and by that, I don't mean that Joey going will be good news)

every area in holland has provinces its like leicester and leicestershire
and north and south :icon_conf

newtonfox said:
every area in holland has provinces

Naah. Every area in the Netherlands has provinces, of which North and South Holland are two.

Fox From The Hudd said:
I believe the point is Holland is a province of the Netherlands - but I wait to be corrected!

There are two provinces with Holland in their names - North Holland and South Holland.

Heerenveen's province is Friesland. And I know that Eindhoven is in North Brabant - my mate tells me this over and over again. I've no idea what the other provinces are.

I'm happy with that - I'm just glad no-one used the comparison with England, Great Britain, United Kingdom etc..

...that always ends with chests puffed out - "whaddya mean England isn't a country..." :018:

dpjfox said:
His new team won 3-0 yesterday, dont know if he played/scored.

He played. He didn't score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670