MDV - the "Pinch Hitter"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is: What side does he bat for?

fosseman said:
On the Teamtalk site MDV says that the Dutch saw him "as a pinch hitter". What on earth is that?

Baseball term, someone promoted up the batting order, not expected to be "in" for long, just to score some quick runs and relieve the pressure on the team batting.

Is it not rhyming slang, pinch hitter - shitter.

ie "he is shitter than my granny playing football in her slippers".

Its not perfect english, but then they are dutch.

highland fox said:
So a Sub then..

Yeah exactly like the sandwich place, an overpriced import that has all the qualities to be great but in the end only ever disappoints

I thought he would come good, especially after the Spurs game I thought that would spark him into life. But when I look at the two guy's who have been playing up front since CL went he just isnt in their league in either commitment, effort or skill.

Not news I know but simply a changing view.

A pinch hitter is more of a cricketing term. You could describe Shahid Afridi as a pinch.

Basically someone who will come in and bash the shit out of it without really caring if they get out.

It doesnt translate to football at all.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
A pinch hitter is more of a cricketing term. You could describe Shahid Afridi as a pinch.

Basically someone who will come in and bash the shit out of it without really caring if they get out.

It doesnt translate to football at all.

Another way of saying arse bandit then:icon_lol:

I think we should Keep MDV. Sure, Fryatt and Hume will be first choice but we can't rely on only those two all season. I think it's a bit harsh to question his effort and commitment. Maybe under Rob Kelly he, like most of the other players will get a new lease of life. I'd be sorry to see him go.

I actually read this thread title as 'MDV - the "Pink Shitter"'.

londonfox said:
I think we should Keep MDV. Sure, Fryatt and Hume will be first choice but we can't rely on only those two all season. I think it's a bit harsh to question his effort and commitment. Maybe under Rob Kelly he, like most of the other players will get a new lease of life. I'd be sorry to see him go.

:038: :038: :038: :038:

seeing as he's not played too bad when city where under performing ,with cl in charge ,lets see what rk can do with him :102: ,why look a gift horse in the face ,if he dose trun out no good we can at lest let him go near the end of the transfer window like we did with DC :102: ,MDV has never wanted the ball played to his head ,im sure he's quoted some where i perfer the ball pplayed to his feet

Last edited:
newtonfox said:
if he dose trun out no good we can at lest let him go near the end of the transfer window like we did with DC :102: ,

one flaw in that plan....Wigan were actually desperate for DC :icon_bigg There's no guarantees we'll be able to offload him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669