MEXICAN WAVE - NOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in favour of a Panama-Wave. Its very similar to a Mexican Wave, except every sits instead of standing, and sings songs related to your chosen team instead of pointing and going "Boo" when it gets to the away fans.

Maybe we should try it

Shabba! said:
. But this is now the public image of our club throughout the country.

:x :x :x

Or throughout 3000 Sheff Utd fans who'll probably remember it as the night they played cr*p for 80 mins and couldn't quite nick a draw :roll:

Shabba! said:
Too right the Mexican wave makes us look like t**ts. The atmosphere for away teams is meant to be intimidating, not a bloody jovial carnival.

On Tuesday night the Kop was s**t as well. I had a season ticket there last year and thought it was pretty loud, but on Tues I was sat near L1 and couldn't hear anything from the south stand. At least the lot in L1 sing cos otherwise the Walkers would be a graveyard.

You could see the Sheff Utd fans thinking the wave was complete bollocks. But this is now the public image of our club throughout the country.

The kop was'nt that bad on Tuesday and I could not hear L1, same old story the sound does not travel.

you would never know that people sang in L1 sitting in the kop, although saying that the kop were not on form too many long periods without singing for my liking

Blowski_Blue said:
i can remember when we played Wimbledon 2 years ago (not MK Dons) and they had about 80 fans there. we did the mexican wave and they dint bother and everyone abused them, happy memorys. :?

And if I remember correctly didn't dickov start the wave?

Wilson said:
Blowski_Blue said:
i can remember when we played Wimbledon 2 years ago (not MK Dons) and they had about 80 fans there. we did the mexican wave and they dint bother and everyone abused them, happy memorys. :?

And if I remember correctly didn't dickov start the wave?

He did as he walked out the door.

tHE wAVE IS A DICK HEAD

Naughty Fox said:
Shabba! said:
Too right the Mexican wave makes us look like t**ts. The atmosphere for away teams is meant to be intimidating, not a bloody jovial carnival.

On Tuesday night the Kop was s**t as well. I had a season ticket there last year and thought it was pretty loud, but on Tues I was sat near L1 and couldn't hear anything from the south stand. At least the lot in L1 sing cos otherwise the Walkers would be a graveyard.

You could see the Sheff Utd fans thinking the wave was complete bollocks. But this is now the public image of our club throughout the country.

The kop was'nt that bad on Tuesday and I could not hear L1, same old story the sound does not travel.

Must be something to do with the terrorist threats after 9/11.

Billy Boy said:
Naughty Fox said:
Shabba! said:

Must be something to do with the terrorist threats after 9/11.

It's actually to do with the fabric poster things around the bowl rim, it absorbs the sound like a bog roll absorbing sprayed piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669