Confirmed Transfer Michael Cain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city sign michael "you was only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" cain

Is this supposed to be funny? His name is different, the one you try to be funny about is Michael Caine, see there is an e on the end.

Re: city sign michael "you was only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" cain

Well spotted Boye Geniuse

http://www.lutontown.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10372~2456658,00.html

Town youngster Michael Cain has joined Leicester City for a significant five-figure fee.

The transfer fee will increase to six figures if Michael achieves significant career milestones, including becoming a Premier League footballer with the Foxes and achieving senior international recognition. The Hatters have also secured a significant sell-on clause to cover future transfers.

Michael was due to join Luton as a scholar this summer but requested a transfer following the club's failure to win promotion to the Football League.

The player and his family have worked closely with the Club over the summer to ensure that the Hatters received compensation for the development Michael received since joining the club at the age of 12.

Youth Development Officer, Gregg Broughton told lutontown.co.uk: "We never like to lose young, talented players, but once a player expresses a desire to leave the club, despite all efforts to keep him here, it then becomes a case of ensuring that the club is properly rewarded for its work in identifying and developing him.

"We would thank Michael and his father Mark who made sure that this process was done amicably and transparently.

"We had developed a good relationship with Leicester, it's is good to see that they have recognised the FA's ruling to protect our player's registrations and thank them for ensuring that the matter was resolved quickly.

"Our Youth Team has had a great start to the season, with eight Under-18s having appeared in the reserves already along with six Under-16s appearing in the Youth Team.

"Along with these successes, Michael's transfer will reassure our directors that their investment is being spent sensibly to ensure the long-term future of the Football Club is very positive."

Cain, who was an unused substitute for the Town first team in last season's FA Trophy second round tie against Uxbridge paid tribute to the Hatters' youth department.

"I am obviously delighted to be moving to an ambitious Championship club in Leicester City, whose Academy has a fantastic record of developing players that have gone on to have highly successful careers.

"However I am leaving Luton Town with a heavy heart. I'd like to express my thanks to all of the coaches, staff and team-mates I have worked with during my four years with the club. Each of them I learned from and I am very grateful to all of them for believing in me.

"I like to wish everyone at the club the best of luck in taking Luton Town back to the Football League."

Had a number of suitors pre-season and meant to have huge potential - could be a cracking signing.

If he can play tonight, we might as well play him and give him some match experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566