Confirmed Transfer Michael Golding

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeff
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Exciting young midfielder Michael Golding has agreed terms for a transfer to Leicester City from Chelsea.

The highly rated 18-year-old has signed a four-year deal with the Foxes, having carved out an excellent reputation thanks to his performances for Chelsea’s Under-18s and Under-21s side in recent seasons.

Speaking to Foxes Hub, he said: “I’m really looking forward to making leaps and bounds in my career here at Leicester and working hard to help the team as much as I can.

“Obviously the history of the Club speaks for itself; there are great players here and I’m looking to soak up as much information as I can from the senior players, to learn from the staff and hopefully have a great season.”

The Kingston-born midfielder, who joined Chelsea at age of 12 from AFC Wimbledon, made his senior debut as a substitute in a January 2024 FA Cup Third Round tie at home to Preston.

Golding’s potential has also been recognised at international level, having been capped by England Under-16s, Under-17s and Under-18s. He captained the team at the UEFA Under-17s European Championships and would go on to play at the FIFA Under-17s World Cup in November 2023.

He will link up with his new team-mates at Seagrave on Monday as the Club’s teams return to pre-season training.

'Michael Goulding' sounds like the type of player name that we would buy in the '90s.

'Michael Goulding' sounds like the type of player name that we would buy in the '90s.
I agree and I like it. We should be helping out these names that are dying out. I'd like to see us sign a 'Neil' or a 'Ken' next.

Welcome Micky! I genuinely hope you are very happy here and great to have you onboard!

I agree and I like it. We should be helping out these names that are dying out. I'd like to see us sign a 'Neil' or a 'Ken' next.

Welcome Micky! I genuinely hope you are very happy here and great to have you onboard!
Ken Elle would be a good one.

Ken Sandercock

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710