Mickey's time up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DurhamFox said:
Dunc will be head of marketing at the walkers by the end of the week!!

With a face like that! Cor blimey.

Dunc said:
Yeah lets hope a professional football manager is listening to a bunch of wannabe football pundits who have no experience of managing/coaching/psychology, in fact any aspect of managing a professional football club.

We are all intitled to our opinions but to want MA to pick the team based on fans opinions is ridiculous. Lets sack the manager and pick the team via a text vote each week.

ARSE!

A lot of erroneous assumptions there.
And before you wrongly assume that the fans know nothing about professional football I'll tell you something about those real experts you revere so much. Of those in the Coca Cola League, three will guide their teams to promotion and the rest will be nowhere, inconsequential losers. Let me repeat, cos you obviously took no notice, I don't want the manager sacked. But if he and the club take no notice of the fans concerns then he probably will be and the gates will continue dropping. And don't tell me how expert the so called experts are. One manager and various directors were only too recently all but responsible for seeing this club into oblivion. They survived by charity, legal gymnastics and the generosity of those who you say know nothing about professional football --- the fans.

So by following your logic, the fans should have some input into what happens in the team selection/decisions/tactics etc?

Of those in the Coca Cola League, three will guide their teams to promotion and the rest will be nowhere, inconsequential losers.

In some cases finishing above the relegation zone is a real achievement eg Crewe due to financial constraints, size etc. Surely Dario Grady isn't an inconsequential loser. You are catagorically incorrect with that statement. Granted Leicester aren't in the same situation but 4 games is not a time to start panicking.

They survived by charity, legal gymnastics and the generosity of those who you say know nothing about professional football --- the fans.

Just because we are the fans doesn't mean we should influence what happens on the pitch in terms of selection etc. Just because I drink Coke doesn't mean I should be involved in the marketing decisions that could affect the business.

Do you honestly believe that fans know as much as managers about football? I like to think I do, but I know in reality I do not. Your arrogance might enable you to think you can do a better job than MA (as you seem to insinuate) but IMO it just makes you look an arrogant imbecile.

Some fans are extremely intelligent and would make excellent managers.

Jose Mourinho never played football to a decent standard in his life and is rated as one of the best managers in the world.

A lot of the fans could do better jobs than some of the monkeys that ply there trade in management purely because they used to be footballers.

Yeah but my point is that MA has had 4 games with a whole new team, and Mourinho wasn't a fan he's got the highest coaching badges and worked his way up at Porto.

Name 1 'fan' that has come down out the stands to manage a club to success? If Mr Elsby has the full UEFA 'A' badge, years of coaching experienace, a history of getting the best out of players, 3 promotions, a great rapport with the squad and able to generate a great team spirit i'd be amazed. Clearly he is a very intelligent fan, maybe a lawyer or something, but a football man, I think not.

If he has then bring him in (with any Leicester fan who has similar credentials) if not, then don't patronise me with guff about coaching/football because I've got the coaching qualifications to UEFA standard, and played at a high level. (which admittedly makes me a bit of a football snob).

I don't know everything, but I know enough to realise a fan would not get any respect from any player and the team would be shite.

Yeah but my point is that MA has had 4 games with a whole new team, and Mourinho wasn't a fan he's got the highest coaching badges and worked his way up at Porto.

MA has been in charge for over 2 years, this is a new team but he made the choice to build a new team by releasing many players.

Mourinho was a fan, he got a job as a translator and Bobby Robson eventually saw his footballing potential and made him an assistant, who's to say that couldnt happen with many fans?

I dont give a jot about coaching badges, a coaching badge dosnt tell you how to win a game with 10 men with 30 mins to go, the best managers do that, a coaching badge doesnt. Kevin Blackwell is the most qualified coach in the league, it doesnt mean he is anywhere near the best manager.

I don't know everything, but I know enough to realise a fan would not get any respect from any player and the team would be shite.

I agree, but that reflects bad on the players, Portos players accepted Mourinho even though he never played football and they became champions of europe.

Dunc said:
So by following your logic, the fans should have some input into what happens in the team selection/decisions/tactics etc?

Of those in the Coca Cola League, three will guide their teams to promotion and the rest will be nowhere, inconsequential losers.

In some cases finishing above the relegation zone is a real achievement eg Crewe due to financial constraints, size etc. Surely Dario Grady isn't an inconsequential loser. You are catagorically incorrect with that statement. Granted Leicester aren't in the same situation but 4 games is not a time to start panicking.

They survived by charity, legal gymnastics and the generosity of those who you say know nothing about professional football --- the fans.

Just because we are the fans doesn't mean we should influence what happens on the pitch in terms of selection etc. Just because I drink Coke doesn't mean I should be involved in the marketing decisions that could affect the business.

Do you honestly believe that fans know as much as managers about football? I like to think I do, but I know in reality I do not. Your arrogance might enable you to think you can do a better job than MA (as you seem to insinuate) but IMO it just makes you look an arrogant imbecile.

You are involved in what the management of Coca Cola does. You are the consumer. Whatever you do, they monitor, in relation to their products.
In relation to players if 20,000 constantly boo the club notice, if 20,000 cheer they notice. If the pies run short they notice, if seats are empty they notice. The question is how long it takes them to react. And I'm hoping they react quickly because the fans have a great deal of influence.

And yes, I think some fans know a lot about football just as some managers (while possibly reasonable or even good players) find themselves totally unsuited to management.

Point taken about Dario Grady. I wish he was here (but with MA not instead of MA), and have already said so on site somewhere, but he won't be and Crewe probably won't be going into the Premiership either - hence the term inconsequential.

I dont give a jot about coaching badges, a coaching badge dosnt tell you how to win a game with 10 men with 30 mins to go, the best managers do that, a coaching badge doesnt. Kevin Blackwell is the most qualified coach in the league, it doesnt mean he is anywhere near the best manager.

Unfortunately regulations say you have to be qualified to be a manager. If you have the necessary skills to be able to coach at the highest level then you will get the respect that an ordinary fan doesn't get.

Mourinho has clearly got footballing ability as you can't get the 'A' license unless you are a very good footballer. At a very basic level, if you can't show the players what you want them to do with the ball during a coaching session then you can't coach at that standard.

micky should go?

:cry:
There are fans who are not fickle but worried about Adams.
Serious missjudgements last season, poor selection and tactics, they are there still
He is a nice guy but to be honest the way we play has Dave(prehistoric) Bassett all over it.
Nice but stubborn unimaginative and astonishingly naive at times.
He has to improve or go by Christmas

Due to escape clauses in player contracts triggered by relegation and the expiry of other player contracts MA has been forced to completely rebuild the team - not by choice and with no cash. That we have had a shakey start should not be a surprise.
Who was manager when we got automatic promotion by 12 clear points in 2003 whilst in administration not able to sign or loan a player? That was class. It will take time. We do have to be patient -the way to ensure ourselves to a long stretch in the Coca Cola is to become a like Derby or Forest and fling the manager every season. Continuity and stabilty = success.

Sheen Fox said:
Due to escape clauses in player contracts triggered by relegation and the expiry of other player contracts MA has been forced to completely rebuild the team - not by choice and with no cash. That we have had a shakey start should not be a surprise.
Who was manager when we got automatic promotion by 12 clear points in 2003 whilst in administration not able to sign or loan a player? That was class. It will take time. We do have to be patient -the way to ensure ourselves to a long stretch in the Coca Cola is to become a like Derby or Forest and fling the manager every season. Continuity and stabilty = success.[/

I reckon MA's got as much clout as anyone else in our Division but if he's got no cash to run the bus why's he carrying so many non-paying passengers?.

Sheen Fox said:
Who was manager when we got automatic promotion by 12 clear points in 2003 whilst in administration not able to sign or loan a player? That was class. It will take time. We do have to be patient -the way to ensure ourselves to a long stretch in the Coca Cola is to become a like Derby or Forest and fling the manager every season. Continuity and stabilty = success.

I agree about not making knee jerk reactions and ending up like Derby or Forest but he has rebuilt the team bought his own players in many of them excellent football players but then decides to play route one, this worked 2 years ago when many of the players in the team suited route one football but not anymore, MA has been forced to wheel and deal but at the end of the day he chooses the tactics, formations and style of play and it has to be said at present these tactics dont complement the current playing staff. Therefore MA is accountable and if results and performances dont pick up over the next 6-8 games then the pressure really will be on. Personally i would like to see MA succeed as he is a top bloke but he knoew needs to show that he is adaptable with his selections and tactics and he is willing to take a gamble and start playing a more progressive style of football one where we impose ourselves on the opposition instead of playing like England under Sven - Defending deep with the forwards isolated and lumping long high balls forward hoping for the best.

I have seen Scowcroft play well and contribute a lot but I aint seen any commitment from Scowcroft in two years and I dont understand why people think just because we have dropped a division, he is suddenly going to make an effort, he wont. Scowcroft is a lazy git who skips about the field pretending he is jumping for a header, he does not actually try to get the ball, anyone can see he is either scared of a clash of heads or he does not care a shite about city.

As for Heath. Is every one on message board as blind as MA. Heath can play and he does work hard but he allways makes a mistake and inevitably that mistake leads to the oposition scoring against us.

Against Watford Heath screwed up.
Heath backed away from an attacker, giving the attacker to much time and space which resulted in Watford scoring.

Please watch him against Wolves and Brighton and take note of the player that makes the mistake that leads to the oposition scoring against us. 90% of the time IT IS HEATH.

Please, Please just watch and see.

give MA more time to prove his worth and confidence to our team..ok??
We just played 4 games in the league and all of u know that the squad have changed so much compared with last year, especially the middle and the front, so let see what happen after a few more games, Adams is a good manager and he really want to flight back to the premiership as u see the squad is full of potential, I am really confident we can win the title this year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669