Post Match Middlesbrough 1 - 2 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% for the season and for Joe_Fox pre-match thread starts :) Great result. Joint 3rd.

Fantastic stuff. Wasn't confident when I saw the lineup, but it worked out! Glad to see Vardy get on the scoresheet. Still don't think he's going to be the answer, but hopefully starting the season with a goal will give him some confidence, and then who knows? Confidence is a powerful weapon.

Great to start with a win though and in a way, it gives me more encouragement that we've come from behind away from home to win.

A super result to kick the season off. Me likey

Are we down yet ?

I forgot the game was on until half time (sounds like the players did too).

Great to hear the Vardy goal was quality.

May be that, with his confidence up, he will realize the goal is the same size as it was in non-league.

Lets hope so. Anything from him would be a massive bonus.

I hear Vardy is the Championship's leading goal scorer?

Last edited:
Was about to put a post in the Monaco match thread about Spurs being 4 -1 down to Monaco in a pre season game and noticed the last 2 posts.

Motown Fox about the Monaco 3rd "That goal was by one of their subs who hasnt played a competitive game yet.

What chance have we got. "

Jeff's reply "If Knockaert hadn't let him run through unchallenged we might have had a chance. "

Interesting !!!! Maybe our manager does know something ;)

No one is going to understand how shit the team and the manager are if they bloody win. Idiots.

I won't comment on the match as I was not there. I will give some thoughts on Knockaert.

It is just possible that some club has made an offer for Knockaert and that is why he was not in the squad. However, Nigel's post-match comments make that unlikely.

The most likely scenario is that Nigel felt he needed to be left out. My experience is that talented young people fall into two groups: some are willing to listen and they do well while others think they know it all and never fulfil their potential. Last season Nigel said that Knockaert was a challenge to manage which seemed to me code for "doesn't listen."

Most young people respond best to gentle encouragement but the big heads need a short sharp shock. Being dropped and finding that Leicester can win without him may be just what Knockaert needs.

Vardy's touch before the goal was atrocious. Good job he got away with it as the finish was excellent.

I seem to remember StLedger getting bullied by Jutkywucky in the home game v Boro last year. Lesson not learned.

Vardy's touch before the goal was atrocious. Good job he got away with it as the finish was excellent.

Is that the touch that set up his goal? If he had not moved the ball so far out from his feet, he may not have scored? I find it strange how people can judge that as a bad touch. To me it was a good touch that allowed him to accelerate into a goalscoring position.

I think a common misconception is that a 'good' touch is one where the ball stays close to your feet.

Last edited:
Knockaert was left out because he had a shit pre season and needs to buck his ideas up. Smple really. if he works hard he will be back in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669