Middlesbrough (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

After that shambles of a performance, a few changes are needed, me thinks. We've looked a lot better this season playing 4-3-1-2 than 4-4-2, I'd go something like

---------------Weale----------------

Morrison---Hobbs---Tunchev---Berner

----Wellens----King---Oakley/Adams--

--------------Gallagher---------------

---------Fryatt-----Waghorn---------

Last edited:
Starting with only 10 players won't solve anything!

What i'd like
Weale

Morrison
Tunchev
Hobbs
Berner

Wellens
King
Oakley
Gallagher

Kermorgant
Fryatt

What we'll get

Weale

Neilson
Brown
Tunchev
Berner

Wellens
Oakley
King
Gallagher

Howard
Fryatt

What i'd like
Weale

Morrison
Tunchev
Hobbs
Berner

Wellens
King
Oakley
Gallagher

Kermorgant
Fryatt

Spot on for me except I would plump for Nicky Adams in there for King.

For me, our best XI this season is:

Weale

O'Neill Hobbs Tunchev Berner

Oakley Wellens Adams

Gallagher

Fryatt Waghorn

I'd give this line up half a dozen games and see how they get on. We haven't got a winger worth the name at the moment so we just shouldn't bother.

The only question for me would be over O'Neills experience levels but he's seemed very composed when I've seen him. At some point soon, Neilson has to be dropped and we should not replace him there with a centre half (e.g. Morrison/Hobbs).

Last season Bruno Berner had a number of very effective games in midfield. This season he has been the automatic choice at left back. If Ryan McGivern is any good (and I have not seen him play) then I would like to see Berner in the midfield alongside Wellens. Paul Gallagher has some excellent moments but overrall I think he does not contribute enough. There is less to Paul Gallagher than meets the eye.

Nigel complained toward the end of the close season that he was being priced out of the players he wanted. It is interesting that the best value player we brought in was Ritchie Wellens, the most expensive.

And get that Gallagher off, hes shite.

:038::038::038:

We're totally unbalanced when we play with him in midfield. He clearly isn't a midfielder (even less a winger) and to be honest I can only assume we've brought him because we thought Fryatt was going to be sold?

i think a problem is that we have 5 strikers to choose from, but no holding mdifielder or in form wingers.

now, when was the last season we didn't concede lots of goals, chopped and changed strikers and played players out of position in wide areas.

OH ****, we got relegated

:038::038::038:

We're totally unbalanced when we play with him in midfield. He clearly isn't a midfielder (even less a winger) and to be honest I can only assume we've brought him because we thought Fryatt was going to be sold?

Gone in Jan :icon_wink

Leicester will be treading water, and he will do a Mattock

Just a thought,why not try Waghorn in midfield with Wellens.

A strong player who holds the ball up well and can beat a player,i reckon he could do a similar role as Mark Davies last season.

Feckin hell, some on here seriously want to get a grip.
Couple of wins and we're marching through the division, a loss or two and NP doesn't know what he's doing.

If you want to see a manager that doesn't know what he's doing, go and take a look at Ipswich.

Feckin hell, some on here seriously want to get a grip.
Couple of wins and we're marching through the division, a loss or two and NP doesn't know what he's doing.

If you want to see a manager that doesn't know what he's doing, go and take a look at Ipswich.

Is it not Nigel Pearson 'himself',tinkering with the formation...not having a pop,merely suggesting if he is not happy with the midfield balance,why not try Waghorn in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669