Middlesbrough (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fancy we will either show our metal tonight and bounce back well or i fear a tonking ahead.

I would be inclined to play Dyer on one flank and a very narrow holding midfield alongside (Wellens, Oakley, King or Adams). To be honest i think the most important decision is to have a mobile defence so with that in mind - Brown can't play.

I fancy we will either show our metal tonight and bounce back well or i fear a tonking ahead.

I would be inclined to play Dyer on one flank and a very narrow holding midfield alongside (Wellens, Oakley, King or Adams). To be honest i think the most important decision is to have a mobile defence so with that in mind - Brown can't play.

There are signs of unrest at Boro after just two poor results. If we can keep them quiet early on and get the crowd on their backs we may just nick it. I fear that an early Boro goal would result in a comfortable home victory.

They are also as bad at letting in late goals as our Premiership team under Mickey Adams.

Last edited:
Apparently we have had 122 goal attempts so far this season, second behind WBA with 129. Make of that what we will! Hope we can start putting some of them away!

Ddin't realise the NP was captain of Boro when we baet them at Hillsboro in the reply! Seems like only yesterday!

it's not a case of 'keeping the faith' for Pearson.
there were some absolutely shocking performances on sat, which won't be undone if we 'get away' with playing the same against Middlesborough.

Kermit, Waghorn, Morrisson, Dyer, King and McGivern should all be strongly considered.

Nielsen, N'Guessan, Brown and Howard would have to count themselves very.very lucky to still be in the side tonight - particularly the first three of them who were AWFUL.

COME ON CITY!! feed the Fryatt and he will score!

feed the fryatt ........thats the trouble nobody is howard for all his heading ability is nowhere in shouting distance of Fryatt.

But our problem is in midfield Oakley not firing, Wellens looks to be carrying a injury, King has shown nothing so far this season we need some craft in there to supply the front line, our wing play is non existant as we are condensing play even at home just hope that our rearguard can stop making silly errors

it's not a case of 'keeping the faith' for Pearson.
there were some absolutely shocking performances on sat, which won't be undone if we 'get away' with playing the same against Middlesborough.

Kermit, Waghorn, Morrisson, Dyer, King and McGivern should all be strongly considered.

Nielsen, N'Guessan, Brown and Howard would have to count themselves very.very lucky to still be in the side tonight - particularly the first three of them who were AWFUL.
COME ON CITY!! feed the Fryatt and he will score!

I don't feel that N'Guessen was awful just mediocre and I have no strong feelings between him and Dyer. I would be happy to see Morrison at right back and Hobbs alongside Tunchev (if fit).

I cannot agree with dropping Howard. That is the last thing he or the team need. What he needs is a goal whether it comes in from his backside or however. Howard seems to me to be an excellent target man which is not Waghorns strength. Judging from his expression when he came off Howard was not feeling sorry for himself which would really would really worry me. Howard looked angry and frustrated which is easier to work with. It is Nigel's job to lift him, show confidence in him and not make the situation worse.

Earlier this season after Matty had played poorly and Waghorn had played well Nigel referred to Howard and Fryatt as "my premier strikers". It was good management to say that publicly.

People keep suggesting McGivern should be brought into the side but has anybody even seen him play?

surely if he is on man city books and is an irish international he would be better than nielson ? i would do better than nielson !

People keep suggesting McGivern should be brought into the side but has anybody even seen him play?

No, but if he's not good enough, why bring him in? I am not in favour of loan players having an automatic first team spot but equally, why pay his wages - and possibly a fee - for him to regularly warm the bench?

If Boro turn up i think we could get a tonking tonight.

That said the Boro fans are ready to have Southgates head served up on a plate. The Boro fans that bother to attend tonight, wont need much excuse to get on Southgates and the teams back.
They will be pi$$ed off with relegation, pi$$ed off that the Geordies are flying, pi$$ed off with a 5-0 home defeat, and surrendering a 2 goal lead on Saturday.
If City can stay in the game and feed off the inevitable abuse that Boro fans will give their manager and team, then we may have a chance.

surely if he is on man city books and is an irish international he would be better than nielson ? i would do better than nielson !

McGivern plays on the left; Nielson plays on the right. They are not really alternatives.

I should have known better than to have copied Lazzer's spelling. And now you've humiliated both of us!

If Boro turn up i think we could get a tonking tonight.

That said the Boro fans are ready to have Southgates head served up on a plate. The Boro fans that bother to attend tonight, wont need much excuse to get on Southgates and the teams back.
They will be pi$$ed off with relegation, pi$$ed off that the Geordies are flying, pi$$ed off with a 5-0 home defeat, and surrendering a 2 goal lead on Saturday.
If City can stay in the game and feed off the inevitable abuse that Boro fans will give their manager and team, then we may have a chance.

I buy all that.......2-0 Boro win, I'm afraid.

2-0 Boro win, I'm afraid.

I wish I had your confidence. Having seen them capitulate to PNE on Saturday, a mere 2-goal margin is beyond my imagination. Moreover it appears that we have lost Tunchev from that side. Something is going to have to change if we are to keep them to two goals.

Others have said that our only chance is in having a good start to get the Boro fans on the backs of their own side. I don't think that will last for 90 minutes though and our defence certainly can't hope to stay organised for that long.

Have I got to read every thread now to work out why I'm being whoooshed?

Not if you don't want to. Your choice.

What are you doing awake in daylight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673