Pre Match Middlesbrough v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this has draw written all over it, 1-1.

Carayol has been ruled out for a while, which is a bonus, but they obviously have a capable squad that should be up there once the season ends. We need to end this poor away run at some point though and now seems a good time to do it after last weekend's excellent result.

Nugent goes in on a massive high, which is obviously pleasing because I certainly have very few worries about the midfield providing for him.

The defence, on the other hand, remains unreliable. It looks as though their defenders have notched a few goals between them this season, which worries me slightly given our dreadful form from set-pieces. But when all is said and done I think we have enough to grind a result out here.

:102: Do you have any examples of this? Or are you just trolling?

Dear Mr. Pot,

For example, please see post #8. For others, please check prior pre-match threads to this one and I'm sure you will find more.

Yours Sincerely
Mr. Kettle

We slaughtered Hull 3-1 didn't we?

haha, it really was a mauling wasn't it. Strange that as I always thought it was tigers that were known to do that and not foxes but then football is a funny old game.

I think this has draw written all over it, 1-1.

Carayol has been ruled out for a while, which is a bonus, but they obviously have a capable squad that should be up there once the season ends. We need to end this poor away run at some point though and now seems a good time to do it after last weekend's excellent result.

Nugent goes in on a massive high, which is obviously pleasing because I certainly have very few worries about the midfield providing for him.

The defence, on the other hand, remains unreliable. It looks as though their defenders have notched a few goals between them this season, which worries me slightly given our dreadful form from set-pieces. But when all is said and done I think we have enough to grind a result out here.

We have one of the best goals conceded record in the division.

We do, but that doesn't stop me from being concerned. If we can keep it going they might restore some faith.

As Hazz pointed out, most of the goals we've conceded have been through obvious individual error rather than overall poor defending, this gives me hope I suppose.

Dear Mr. Pot,

For example, please see post #8. For others, please check prior pre-match threads to this one and I'm sure you will find more.

Yours Sincerely
Mr. Kettle

I see. So, basically you're saying no, you don't have any examples

These wont be anywhere near as much of a push over as Hull. We beat them 3-1 you know.

They do however look rocky at the back so although I'd like to see us play a slightly cagier game away from home I dont think Saturday is necessarily the game to start.
Completely agree. We have to break out from the pattern of winnig home games and picking up nothing on the road. i would also have thought that Pearson needs a modified strategy for most away fixtures - on the basis that the present plans aren't working. But you are right this is a difficult one to start to put it right and enough has been done in the home games to put up with the fruitless away results for a tiny bit longer. Any positive result would be a bonus on saturday.

I think we will improve our away form here, although it will be a tough game. A draw would be a good result. Nugent to continue his goalscoring form and Marshall is due one of his 'specials' 2-2.

Not sure about this game. I have a feeling we might snatch a win. If we lose will there be people calling for Nige's head again?

If we lose will there be people calling for Nige's head again?

If we win, there will still be people calling for Nigel's head.

It's been really quiet on here this week since we've won 2 in a row.

Clearly we need a loss to wake everyone up a bit.

It's hardly a pattern after only seven games, in all fairness

I think in the modern day - it is. I wouldn't go as far as to say that we've quite reached the point where "you are as good as your last ten minutes" but three successive away defeats where we appear to have a lot of possession without hurting the opposition and get rolled over is a pattern.....and has been enough to have questions asked about Pearson. Unfortunately, the next two away fixtures look problematic so even someone like me with little or no patience may have to accept yet more pain.

As to "fairness" - it doesn't feature in professional football.

I think in the modern day - it is. I wouldn't go as far as to say that we've quite reached the point where "you are as good as your last ten minutes" but three successive away defeats where we appear to have a lot of possession without hurting the opposition and get rolled over is a pattern.....and has been enough to have questions asked about Pearson. Unfortunately, the next two away fixtures look problematic so even someone like me with little or no patience may have to accept yet more pain.

I suppose you can declare it a pattern if it fits your prejudice

As to "fairness" - it doesn't feature in professional football.

Yes, but it does feature in conversation on a forum about professional football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670