midfeild problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
....mainly williams so why not give dawson, o'grady, wesoloski, or some other highly rated young player a go.

i would prefer us pushing some young players through, or at least to see them on the bench, if we're having problems with defenders why not call on stearman? problems up from wright, petrescu? etc.

leicester_til_i_die said:
....mainly williams so why not give dawson, o'grady, wesoloski, or some other highly rated young player a go.

i would prefer us pushing some young players through, or at least to see them on the bench, if we're having problems with defenders why not call on stearman? problems up from wright, petrescu? etc.

We dont have a personnel problem in Midfield we have a tactical problem.

i think we do, we don't win enough balls in midfield, and creat enough in midfield. against watford, we would get forward and then look like we don't have a clue on what to do once we're there apart from try get a striker on the ball.

The problem with the midfiled on Saturday was the fact the Williams never got into the game at all. After he missed the virtually open goal in the first few mins he went downhill.
Joey and williams in midfield on the day looked shockingly weak, i could count on one hand the amount of tackles they put in!

Both look like good players skill wise but simply didnt gel on the day.

Add to that we played the last 30 mins without scowy we might as well have had 9 players out there.

All our players look good individuals but look c*** as a team, time will tell i suppose.

i think we do, we don't win enough balls in midfield, and creat enough in midfield. against watford, we would get forward and then look like we don't have a clue on what to do once we're there apart from try get a striker on the ball.

We dont create anything in midfield! this is because we bypass it everytime we have the ball with long hoofs to Scowcroft.

The reason we look clueless going forward is becuase its so alien to us not to have a flick on from Scowcroft. When we have the ball on the deck we look nervous because we dont know what to do! This is due to the system we play not the players! Williams would create plenty for Forest last season when someone put the ball in front of him on the deck! this doesnt happen at Leicester, its a case of if you want the ball in midfield you have to win. Up until Saturday we wernt even playing 1 ball winner in midfield let alone 2. We need to change the system to fit the players we have not bring kids in to try and make up for our tactical deficiencies.

Isn't Williams a highly rated youngster?

Why are you prepared to give other youngsters a run in the team and a chance to develop but not Williams?

Granted he hasn't had the best start, but after 4 games are you prepared to write him off as a dud already.

What happens if Petrescu comes in and doesn't have a great impact - do we can him off too ????

RichMC24 said:

Isn't Williams a highly rated youngster?

Why are you prepared to give other youngsters a run in the team and a chance to develop but not Williams?

Granted he hasn't had the best start, but after 4 games are you prepared to write him off as a dud already.

What happens if Petrescu comes in and doesn't have a great impact - do we can him off too ????

Good point Rich. The season is just 4 games old and Micky is faced with all this crap from the 'fans'. He is working with (basically) an entire new team. It's like giving a up and coming chef a tomato, and onion, a pound of butternut squash, an aubergine, 6 oz of flour, a tube of garlic puree, one lemon, an egg and some ginger and saying to him "Make some soup NOW, if it tastes shit then you are crap"

Give Micky a chance to get the recipe right, I have faith that he'll make a lovely soup with these players and the crunch of the croutons will prove this theory.

get a good start to the season, if someone is not doing it on the pitch then someone else should be given the chance, i would rather win games than have someone playing who has the potential, but still needs a few games to get into, we're not strong enough to be carrying players through matches, we haven't got strong enough players.

the money they earn 4 games should be enough.

get a good start to the season, if someone is not doing it on the pitch then someone else should be given the chance, i would rather win games than have someone playing who has the potential, but still needs a few games to get into, we're not strong enough to be carrying players through matches, we haven't got strong enough players.

the money they earn 4 games should be enough.

I think if you are looking at players that are being carried, there are other places to start looking before you get to Williams.

As I say, I agree that he hasn't had the best start, but I don't think he has been awful. Unlike a couple of others that I could mention.

As for Joe_Fox, its nice to see you back posting again mate!

RichMC24 said:

Cheers buddy, did you enjoy the Chef analogy?

Joe_Fox said:
RichMC24 said:

I did enjoy the Chef analogy, However I did not agree with it fully.

I wouldn't expect the chef to be able to conjure up a fine dish with those ingredients immediately but I would expect the dish to at least start to take shape. When the dish looks well minging after the chef has done a bit, its then I start to worry.

Hopefully, our chef knows what he is doing and won't burn too many pies before realising the ovens too bloody hot!!!

RichMC24 said:
Joe_Fox said:
RichMC24 said:

I did enjoy the Chef analogy, However I did not agree with it fully.

I wouldn't expect the chef to be able to conjure up a fine dish with those ingredients immediately but I would expect the dish to at least start to take shape. When the dish looks well minging after the chef has done a bit, its then I start to worry.

Hopefully, our chef knows what he is doing and won't burn too many pies before realising the ovens too bloody hot!!!

The chef is being rushed though, there is a restaurant full of hungry punters and he is being rushed into producing a soup. What can we expect?

1 question about the chef thing, what is butternut squash? and do you really put flour in soup?

1 question about the chef thing, what is butternut squash? and do you really put flour in soup?

butternut.jpg

It looks rude, but this is a butternut squash.

Sadly the chef has been using the same recipe for quite some time
Although he has varied the basic ingredients, he still uses the same formula to mix them all together, and presents them in exactly the same way week in week out

And it tastes like shite

thanks i now know what a butternut squash is!

not a big fan of soup, i'd prefer a bit of pasta myself!

homer said:
Although he has varied the basic ingredients, he still uses the same formula to mix them all together, and presents them in exactly the same way week in week out

And it tastes like shite

Too much flour I reckon.

homer said:

And it tastes like shite

couldnt agree more Homer! This is compounded by the fact that the chef will not see the error of his ways and change the recipe even though he no longer has anywhere near as many diners in his restaurant as he used to.

But you can buy a special 120th anniversary birthday cake to go with every meal

Costs a mere £39.99

Cheques payable to P Mace esq.

homer said:

And it tastes like shite

I suppose the chef has never tried to lead us into thinking that the food was of the highest quality.

He has tried to get the best ingredients with the restaurant owners money that he can.

His primary concern though, is not the taste but to ensure that all of the hungry people are fed. Once he has mastered feeding everyone, he can then start to introduce ways of making the food nicer.....

IS ANYONE ELSE HUNGRY ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469