Status
Not open for further replies.

londonfox

Even with all of our current injuries we could have a midfield:

Kaebi Hellings King Ferreira

Newton King Ferreira Hayes

Hayes Hellings King Mattock

Newton Ferreira Hellings Sheehan

I think our midfield for Saturday will largely depend on how the likes of Kaebi, Hellings etc play tonight.

I think our midfield for Saturday will largely depend on how the likes of Kaebi, Hellings etc play tonight.

Not if Flat Cap and Gerry are still in charge it won't... Admittedly I have not seen any of the new guys play but if they really are worse midfielders than Kenton and Chambers then everybody associated with our recruitment policy during the sumeer should be utterly, utterly ashamed of themselves.

Adda Djeziris also a midfielder apparently, he hasnt had much luck in the UK has he, he also went to rangers on loan and didnt make one appearance.

Adda Djeziris also a midfielder apparently, he hasnt had much luck in the UK has he, he also went to rangers on loan and didnt make one appearance.

He's a winger who loves to run at players and beat them with skill and pace, and then again, and then again until he passes it back to the keeper.

Hellings has to be given a chance after this evening. :023:

Hellings has to be given a chance after this evening. :023:
He played well Steven and he too deserves his chance. All these people who knock him, I'll bet they have never seen him play.

ive seen him play a fair bit and he has never impressed me at all.

I am usually very critical of players as I really expect a lot from people who play for my team, but give Hellings some credit he did play well last night. I think he would do OK in midfield. OK he is not premiership standard, but nor is the rest of the team.

One of the biggest players missing for us Sat IMO will be Sheehan, his deadball deliveries have been superb.

One of the biggest players missing for us Sat IMO will be Sheehan, his deadball deliveries have been superb.

Actually I totally agree. The lad has an amazing left foot - not great at defending though, but worth a position for his left peg alone.

True NF Sheehan will be a major loss especially with Porter out , is Ferrara or Djez left footed?, if not may haveto be Beswick

This is the opportunity for one of the reserves to really stake a claim. We may need to go 4-4-2 for this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Fryatt starts in CM.

I haven't seen the reserves play for years, as I work evenings, So I don't know if the new fellas are any good. Good call though, they can't be any worse than James Chambers in midfield. To be fair though, he is a winger.

I think thats our problem at the moment. We have at least 8 wingers on our books. They ought to try Andy King in midfield again if Wesolowski and Clemence are still out. Where does Hellings play? He's a winger too right? If not, get him in.

Sounded like Darren Kenton did ok in midfield on the radio against Preston. I think Sheehan would do ok in midfield on the wing, afterall he has really good left foot. Not seen a left foot as good as his since Steve Guppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566