Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think thats our problem at the moment. We have at least 8 wingers on our books.

The other problem being that we don't actually play any wingers so they either play in central midfield or not at all.

And Sheehan will definitely be missed, he must have assists for most of our goals since we only ever seem to score from set peices.

I haven't seen the reserves play for years, as I work evenings, So I don't know if the new fellas are any good. Good call though, they can't be any worse than James Chambers in midfield. To be fair though, he is a winger.

I think thats our problem at the moment. We have at least 8 wingers on our books. They ought to try Andy King in midfield again if Wesolowski and Clemence are still out. Where does Hellings play? He's a winger too right? If not, get him in.

Sounded like Darren Kenton did ok in midfield on the radio against Preston. I think Sheehan would do ok in midfield on the wing, afterall he has really good left foot. Not seen a left foot as good as his since Steve Guppy.

No, he's a defender

This is the opportunity for one of the reserves to really stake a claim. We may need to go 4-4-2 for this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Fryatt starts in CM.

Yes, some centre forwards have converted to midfield. LCFC have had Oldfield and, going a long way back before that, Birchinall doing so. They were both distinctly average, but good enough (just about) to hold their place. I think this is worth a serious experiment. Fryatt doesn't have much pace or many goals in him for the foward line - but may have the vision and the class to convert to midfield. Perhaps more so than Hume.

Last edited:
Can't believe the love juices flowing from some people for Sheehan. Thought I'd logged onto the darkside.

Yes he can deliver a good set piece, but if you are three down due to his crap defending, what use is a well struck free kick, that goes just wide.

Play him wide left with a left back for support and it might work. Not tomorrow though cos he's suspended;)

Actually I'd like to see Fryatt in an attacking Midfield role, I think Hume does ok, but Fryatt might be better at intelligent attacking set plays, with DJ and CJ up front maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669