Milan Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the report Newton but not so much new it looks like. I hope we get this sorted as soon as possible!

sorry if you didnt get what i posted but i was doing the poat when MM was speaking :icon_wink

poat... :icon_lol:

Now... does he mean:-

1). boat
2). goat
3). post
4). hardest crossword in the Nicaraguan times
5). macarena
6). do

:icon_wink

Holloway Talks:

BREAKING NEWS: HOLLOWAY BREAKS HIS SILENCE

Ian Holloway has broken his silence over his resignation as Plymouth Argyle manager.

The 44-year-old is set to be appointed by Leicester City later today after he held talks with Foxes' chairman Milan Mandaric at the Walkers Stadium this morning.

Despite repeated attempts, Herald Sport have been unable to talk to Holloway since Monday afternoon.

But he gave an interview to Sky Sports News today, where he said: "It's a really difficult situation for myself. I feel like I was getting stereotyped in having no money to spend.

"I'm sick and fed up of losing my best players all the time because they outgrow what I can pay them, and I'm not sure that will happen here (at Leicester).

"It's a whole new role for me and it's something that I don't feel I could turn down. I have worked hard for 11 years and I have always been the bridesmaid, never the bride, to this type of thing.

"It's a challenge for me, and everybody needs a challenge, but that doesn't belittle the relationships I have had before.

"I don't know what the people at Plymouth are going to be feeling about me today but I'm ever so sorry. I just felt my heart wasn't there once I knew this might be here. What can I say."

Lawyers have spent the morning thrashing out a compensation payment for Holloway, with Argyle thought to want £400,000.

Holloway said: "That's beyond me. That's for other people to deal with. All I am is a football manager. The people who are more experienced above me will have to sort that out."

His first game as Leicester's new manager will be away to Bristol City at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

Argyle travel to Sheffield United on the same day when assistant boss Tim Breacker will pick the team as he takes control of first team affairs for the time being.

so no new guy for sat then
Good.

Hopefully it will be one more match to drum into those with a problem thinking that just appointing a manager doesn't cure problems - giving him time and support is more likely to.

Maybe they will all 'boo' themselves out while being stuffed by Bristol and allow everyone the grace of being able to develop some squad spirit from Monday onwards.

BREAKING NEWS: HOLLOWAY BREAKS HIS SILENCE

Ian Holloway has broken his silence over his resignation as Plymouth Argyle manager.

The 44-year-old is set to be appointed by Leicester City later today after he held talks with Foxes' chairman Milan Mandaric at the Walkers Stadium this morning.

Despite repeated attempts, Herald Sport have been unable to talk to Holloway since Monday afternoon.

But he gave an interview to Sky Sports News today, where he said: "It's a really difficult situation for myself. I feel like I was getting stereotyped in having no money to spend.

"I'm sick and fed up of losing my best players all the time because they outgrow what I can pay them, and I'm not sure that will happen here (at Leicester).

"It's a whole new role for me and it's something that I don't feel I could turn down. I have worked hard for 11 years and I have always been the bridesmaid, never the bride, to this type of thing.

"It's a challenge for me, and everybody needs a challenge, but that doesn't belittle the relationships I have had before.

"I don't know what the people at Plymouth are going to be feeling about me today but I'm ever so sorry. I just felt my heart wasn't there once I knew this might be here. What can I say."

Lawyers have spent the morning thrashing out a compensation payment for Holloway, with Argyle thought to want £400,000.

Holloway said: "That's beyond me. That's for other people to deal with. All I am is a football manager. The people who are more experienced above me will have to sort that out."

His first game as Leicester's new manager will be away to Bristol City at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

Argyle travel to Sheffield United on the same day when assistant boss Tim Breacker will pick the team as he takes control of first team affairs for the time being.

:038::038::038::038::038::038:

read notts post mate he starts sat first game in charge :038::038::038::038:
That rather presumes that he is our manager by then - and considering he is still contracted to Plymouth and they have yet to accept his resignation this seems nothing more than media bluff at this moment in time.

That rather presumes that he is our manager by then - and considering he is still contracted to Plymouth and they have yet to accept his resignation this seems nothing more than media bluff at this moment in time.

DB

Dont spoil the fun !! :icon_wink

:018: Lettings facts get in the way again Bobbus... :icon_roll

No its not ,that was his statement not mine :icon_wink

Statement it may be - but it is an assertion rather than an accepted fact.

It will all depend on the compensation issue being resolved and the mood music of the Argyle Board. He couldn't go back to Plymouth now - but he could be placed in limbo for an unspecified time - maybe days.

Statement it may be - but it is an assertion rather than an accepted fact.

It will all depend on the compensation issue being resolved and the mood music of the Argyle Board. He couldn't go back to Plymouth now - but he could be placed in limbo for an unspecified time - maybe days.

Although this is a possibilty, If Plymouth are in no position to offer contracts to new players, or imporoved terms, then IMO they are not in position to pay another manager. They could leave one of the back room staff in charge, but that could have a major impact on their season. They will want a good pay off, and I'm sure MM will stump up whats required. The figure being quoted is anywhere between £250k - £500k .... He has £300k to play with from Megsons move.

Im more than confident this deal will be concluded today, if not certainly by tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669