Milan wants quick Dowie response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit worried about how much compensation they'll try squeezing out of Milan, not sure he's worth it over some of the jobless managers.

Usually managers are jobless for a reason. I'm not really sure about Dowie although if we get him he probably won't be here for too long unless he gets early results.

With MA it was obviously personal, but I still think that Milan *will* give the new bloke time, as long as he gets on with him. He stuck with Rob Kelly for longer than most thought he should after all.

Bit worried about how much compensation they'll try squeezing out of Milan, not sure he's worth it over some of the jobless managers.

Why should that worry you, TBH I couldn't give a flying feck how much Cov ask for, as I am sure MM will not pay more than he can afford or has in mind. I bet he doesn't worry if I can pay for my ST or not.
All I want to see is a manager in place, with more about him than the last dim witted fecker we had in place.

Also why is he better than some of the "jobless" managers, and why are they jobless?

Why should that worry you, TBH I couldn't give a flying feck how much Cov ask for, as I am sure MM will not pay more than he can afford or has in mind. I bet he doesn't worry if I can pay for my ST or not.
All I want to see is a manager in place, with more about him than the last dim witted fecker we had in place.

Also why is he better than some of the "jobless" managers, and why are they jobless?

Warnock is jobless out of his own request! I think Dowie got lucky with Palace, and then when he got handed the opportunity to manage a better team like Charlton, look what happened to them! I just don't think it's worth Milan splashing out cash when there's others that are more than capable of doing just as good of a job.

Warnock is jobless out of his own request! I think Dowie got lucky with Palace, and then when he got handed the opportunity to manage a better team like Charlton, look what happened to them! I just don't think it's worth Milan splashing out cash when there's others that are more than capable of doing just as good of a job.

I want to know how you know Colin will do a better job than Dowie will?

Who?

I want to know how you know Colin will do a better job than Dowie will?

I didn't mention Colin, neither did I mention 'I know' others can do a better job, there's no way of knowing whos going to be a better manager hence why I said 'I think'. IN MY OPINION Warnock or Jewell are just as capable of doing the job as Dowie is, so why splash out over the odds compensation to "cash strapped" Coventry?!?

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with Warnock. Everyone slagged us off when we went into administration. Media just like to hear it from Warnock!

I didn't mention Colin, neither did I mention 'I know' others can do a better job, there's no way of knowing whos going to be a better manager hence why I said 'I think'. IN MY OPINION Warnock or Jewell are just as capable of doing the job as Dowie is, so why splash out over the odds compensation to "cash strapped" Coventry?!?

thats if they come, or want to come here. Jewel is intent on seeing out his rest year, and Colin.... well he is just a wanker, but a wanker I would not mind seeing here

But nothing is certain they would do better than say RK if they came here

thats if they come, or want to come here. Jewel is intent on seeing out his rest year, and Colin.... well he is just a wanker, but a wanker I would not mind seeing here

But nothing is certain they would do better than say RK if they came here

Exactly, every managerial appointment is a gamble, as is every transfer. Regardless of history or past achievements it is never a guarentee of success with a new club.

Because its MM's money and his move. Also if the club is cash strapped the compensation will be lower because they will be desparate. It would cost feck more cash to get Davies from Derby, as they dont need the cash.

Because its MM's money and his move. Also if the club is cash strapped the compensation will be lower because they will be desparate. It would cost feck more cash to get Davies from Derby, as they dont need the cash.

I don't agree they'll want lower compensation for Dowie, when with the current form (early days I know) he is guiding them to the financial heaven that is the premiership. At the moment, he is more valuable to Coventry than any compensation they would get for letting him go, and less valuable to Leicester as the first four games of the season does not determine how good a manager is or whether he can continue that early form with another team.

Warnock and Jewell are proven, Warnock more so, and although like you said it's a matter of whether they want to come here, I'm only giving my opinion of who I'd like to see here (within reason of course lol) as is everyone else.

Last edited:
I don't agree they'll want lower compensation for Dowie, when with the current form (early days I know) he is guiding them to the financial heaven that is the premiership. At the moment, he is more valuable to Coventry than any compensation they would get for letting him go, and less valuable to Leicester as the first four games of the season does not determine how good a manager is or whether he can continue that early form with another team.

Warnock and Jewell are proven, Warnock more so, and although like you said it's a matter of whether they want to come here, I'm only giving my opinion of who I'd like to see here (within reason of course lol) as is everyone else.
Money Talks..... for both Covscum and Dowie. If Dowie sets his sights on moving here there is little Cov can do as we have seen in the past with our managers....

There's something in me that would just love to nick Covscum's Manager to be honest, isn't that petty?

I think that all the managers that are being linked with us either by the media or tb'rs are probably more dim witted than our last manager.:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669