milans(passing game)promise

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

we have all heard that before!

though wouldnt it be nice to see that kind of football again,i think the last time we played that style was under mcghee.

with paul aldridge coming from west ham,who have a tradition for good football.

do you think him and milan are probaly concentrating on a manager who plays good football,and if so who do you reckon.

highland fox

I don't care about passing I only care about winning

Graz

I don't care about passing I only care about winning

My thoughts exactly.

If we win by playing good football, then that's even better, but results must come first.

I'm not sure beautiful football is actually the best way to get out of League 1 anyway!

Rasta Maniloe

I dont think we are in the position to be picky or choosy how we win games. Id settle for hoof the f**ker and get some big f**k to head it on and a little fast tw@t to run on to it! If we won every game like that id be dancing with the f**king fairys!

Redditch Fox

Yes - we are going to glide through the Third Division playing beautiful football.

Other teams and their supporters, Leeds included, will be too lost in admiration at our panache to be too interested in taking points from us.

I am confident that as a result of Milan's promise, we shall now see club record ST sales.

Steven

My thoughts exactly.

If we win by playing good football, then that's even better, but results must come first.

I'm not sure beautiful football is actually the best way to get out of League 1 anyway!

:018: :018: :018:

It is always the best way to get out of this and the Championship. Not easy to do mind you. :icon_conf

Redditch Fox

with paul aldridge coming from west ham,who have a tradition for good football.

I expect in popped along to their training ground after he had done a bit of admin - and said "Lads let me help you start a new tradition at West Ham for playing good football - wait on, and I'll get my boots on and showw you how it's done".

Last edited by a moderator:

FantasyFox

I like it when Henderson kicks it out a really long way. The best bit is when he doesn't kick it out of play. You can then rely on Howard attempting to get it and fouling someone. That's the best bit, although I like it when it goes out too. I like throw ins too.

rchalmers83

I like it when Henderson kicks it out a really long way. The best bit is when he doesn't kick it out of play. You can then rely on Howard attempting to get it and fouling someone. That's the best bit, although I like it when it goes out too. I like throw ins too.

Yeah I have to agree - Stearmans not so long throw is a wonder to behold!

Brauny Blue

I have to disagree with a number of posters on here regarding the style of football we should play.

The debate about winning ugly over trying to win playing good football is probaly a contentious issue.
Imo playing good football is a far better answer in the long term than hoofing the ball into spaces and hoping for lucky breaks here and there. Winning games luckily 1-0 with no real plan is not the answer for me.
To my knowledge i can only remember a couple of era's where we have tried to play decent football. The 70's with Weller and co, which our older posters will often refer to with fond memories. Again in the 90's under Mark McGhee which did not work so well. Under MM we retained the ball well but lacked an offensive style to go with it.

So why should we try to play football ?

Leicesters last promotion to the premier lge sums up imo why we are in Lge 1 today. That season by hook or by crook we managed to get promoted with a very good 90+ points accumulation. Fantastic, brilliant, superb, but then the reality sets in. We had no style, no plan, and no direction, and so a year later we were back in the championship. Hoof ball as little going for it in the premier lge, and hence our only realistic chance of survival would mean changing both the players and style of football to have a chance.
That season we were promoted behind a very good Portsmouth side. Having watched them on tv a few times that season, Pompeys football was different class to what we had to offer. Consequently on promotion, Portsmouths prospects were so much better than ours. The team became settled, played decent football, and found the transition to the prem far more manageable than us. In the long term Portsmouth built on this, whilst our story became the stuff of nightmares.
Portsmouth were not on their own, as Fulham showed by playing attractive football, and albeit apart from this season have done well in the prem.
If people think that this lge 1 malarky requires a bunch of thugs to get us out of it, then think again. Doncaster imo played excellent football and proved it can be done.
Imo this club is rock bottom, and i dont see why we shouldnt start again and develop a good style of passing football which will enable us to give PROPER service for the strikers to do the bizz. Players have huge ego's regarding their own talent. If we start playing a good passing game, then imo we can attract better quality players to the club.
We have been hoofing the ball around the pitch for several years now, and its hardly been a roaring success. I've lost count of the amount of times when people have trudged home from another abysmal performance and vented their anger on here.
Time for change, lets have some football please.

H T B

My thoughts exactly.

Did you watch any of the div 1 play off games. I thought there was some good football played by all, to such a point that I'm actually concerned for next season.
It certainly won't be a walk in the park.

Promotion is the priority, I agree, but if the play-offs are anything to go by, good football will be needed somewhere along the season.

slyfox

I expect in popped along to their training ground after he had done a bit of admin - and said "Lads let me help you start a new tradition at West Ham for playing good football - wait on, and I'll get my boots on and showw you how it's done".

my point is paul aldrige will be talking with milan about the new successor,with him coming from west ham and what he has taken aboard,it does not surprise me that leicester will be a play bit more on the floor,hence milans promise.

i know its a while a go, the football under mark mcghee was the best i had seen from a leicester side and though we leaked goals the team were a joy to watch.

so i am really hoping milan keeps his promise.

though i will be a bit worried if its glenn hoddle,cause i will have to explain him to my disabled daughter who he is

fleckneymike

Couldn't agree more Brauny, hoof is short sighted and ultimately futile tactic. All the Premiership teams who have flourished following promotion have a solid footballing ethos.

The excuse that you have to kick your way out of these leagues is also a fallacy, Swansea played their way out as did Bournemouth, in the Champ West Brom played their way out, Hull and Stoke hoofed their way up and will hoof their way back down.

I like football because its a game of skill, I don't watch to see the ball aimlessly punted up and down the pitch. We need to play our way out of this league.

Last edited:

slyfox

I have to disagree with a number of posters on here regarding the style of football we should play.

The debate about winning ugly over trying to win playing good football is probaly a contentious issue.
Imo playing good football is a far better answer in the long term than hoofing the ball into spaces and hoping for lucky breaks here and there. Winning games luckily 1-0 with no real plan is not the answer for me.
To my knowledge i can only remember a couple of era's where we have tried to play decent football. The 70's with Weller and co, which our older posters will often refer to with fond memories. Again in the 90's under Mark McGhee which did not work so well. Under MM we retained the ball well but lacked an offensive style to go with it.

So why should we try to play football ?

Leicesters last promotion to the premier lge sums up imo why we are in Lge 1 today. That season by hook or by crook we managed to get promoted with a very good 90+ points accumulation. Fantastic, brilliant, superb, but then the reality sets in. We had no style, no plan, and no direction, and so a year later we were back in the championship. Hoof ball as little going for it in the premier lge, and hence our only realistic chance of survival would mean changing both the players and style of football to have a chance.
That season we were promoted behind a very good Portsmouth side. Having watched them on tv a few times that season, Pompeys football was different class to what we had to offer. Consequently on promotion, Portsmouths prospects were so much better than ours. The team became settled, played decent football, and found the transition to the prem far more manageable than us. In the long term Portsmouth built on this, whilst our story became the stuff of nightmares.
Portsmouth were not on their own, as Fulham showed by playing attractive football, and albeit apart from this season have done well in the prem.
If people think that this lge 1 malarky requires a bunch of thugs to get us out of it, then think again. Doncaster imo played excellent football and proved it can be done.
Imo this club is rock bottom, and i dont see why we shouldnt start again and develop a good style of passing football which will enable us to give PROPER service for the strikers to do the bizz. Players have huge ego's regarding their own talent. If we start playing a good passing game, then imo we can attract better quality players to the club.
We have been hoofing the ball around the pitch for several years now, and its hardly been a roaring success. I've lost count of the amount of times when people have trudged home from another abysmal performance and vented their anger on here.
Time for change, lets have some football please.

top post!

FantasyFox

Attractive passing football is like crack cocaine. Highly addictive and nigh on impossible to satisfy your need once you are used to it.

Hoofball is like lager. You can have loads of it and never get fed up with it and never have any problem getting hold of it.

Save the crack for special occasions and enjoy it when some is around, particularly if you've spent a fair bit of time in the pub recently but NEVER encourage it or hang around where it is frequently situated or it will end in doom.

Mark my words, if Simon Grayson comes to this club we're going to end up giving blowjobs for pound coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669