Speculation Mills loan to Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redditch Fox

On the face of it this would be one of the worst bits of business in recent seasons.

Bolton get Mills on approval for a season then pay half what we paid only a year ago. Potentially, Mills puts in a real shift for Bolton and they get promoted at our expense.

That said, the situation is such a mess that we probably can't do any better than this deal. Either Mills was bought by us at an absurd OTT price or he's so unhappy here that he can't get it together. It appears that Pearson won't play Mills and Mills can't stand Pearson so that situation could change if Pearson doesn't deliver this season.

My gut feeling is that if Pearson had better man management skills then this could have been sorted. Hopefully, Pearson's other strengths will offset this and we'll get promotion with the consequent cash rewards offsetting this loss maker.

He costs a lot of money each and every week
He's clearly not going to play
Any solution that gets him off the wage bill is therefore an acceptable one

All the other claptrap about his skiils/attitude and/or Pearson's management of him is irrelevant

Pearson didn't buy the red card happy Mills. He's trying to make the best of a bad hand he inherited.

All the other claptrap about his skiils/attitude and/or Pearson's management of him is irrelevant

No its not - these are central issues impacting on how players perform and footballing outcomes.

Its easy to become closed minded and take a position that the club/ Pearson are right and Mills is a total w--ker - but things are rarely as straightforward as that and this has the makings of another DJ scenario where I assume we all applauded Blackpool's promotion and never begrudged the goals that took them up. Yes?

If you add a years wages to the value of the potential transfer then it's a good deal for us in the circumastances

When Pearson upsets a player performing well for us and who is vital to our success I may give a shit, as he continues to piss off players who are bellends I can't say I give a shit.

If you add a years wages to the value of the potential transfer then it's a good deal for us in the circumastances

Look I think this is probably about the only solution in the circs - but its hardly a good outcome and I doubt very much that Bolton will pay more than a modest proportion of his wages......Sven didn't exactly spare the cash did he, but this isn't Bolton's way.

On the face of it this would be one of the worst bits of business in recent seasons.

Bolton get Mills on approval for a season then pay half what we paid only a year ago. Potentially, Mills puts in a real shift for Bolton and they get promoted at our expense.

That said, the situation is such a mess that we probably can't do any better than this deal. Either Mills was bought by us at an absurd OTT price or he's so unhappy here that he can't get it together. It appears that Pearson won't play Mills and Mills can't stand Pearson so that situation could change if Pearson doesn't deliver this season.

My gut feeling is that if Pearson had better man management skills then this could have been sorted. Hopefully, Pearson's other strengths will offset this and we'll get promotion with the consequent cash rewards offsetting this loss maker.

No its not - these are central issues impacting on how players perform and footballing outcomes.

Its easy to become closed minded and take a position that the club/ Pearson are right and Mills is a total w--ker - but things are rarely as straightforward as that and this has the makings of another DJ scenario where I assume we all applauded Blackpool's promotion and never begrudged the goals that took them up. Yes?

If we don't get promoted this season it will be our own fault - the players at the club and the manager - for not being good enough to gain promotion after playing 46 games, not because of anything Mills does at some other club. Same as DJ Campbell, he wouldn't have played when he was here, so his performance for someone else is irrelevant. Why are we worrying about two players who were ****ing rubbish for us playing for other clubs? It's up to us to make sure we get promoted, no-one else.

Look I think this is probably about the only solution in the circs - but its hardly a good outcome and I doubt very much that Bolton will pay more than a modest proportion of his wages......Sven didn't exactly spare the cash did he, but this isn't Bolton's way.

If Mills is on £30k that's about £1.5 million a year, if bolton pay £1million that makes the pottential deal worth £3million, which is probably about what we paid initially.

When Pearson upsets a player performing well for us and who is vital to our success I may give a shit, as he continues to piss off players who are bellends I can't say I give a shit.

Spot on

Coming soon: Why Nigel Pearson is a complete and utter tosser for getting rid of Chris Weale instead of turning him into the finest goalie in the whole of the universe

Coming soon: Why Nigel Pearson is a complete and utter tosser for getting rid of Chris Weale instead of turning him into the finest goalie in the whole of the universe

Well I know that you have always rated Weale as the new Gordon Banks - but I think that even his family wouldn't rate him that highly...in fact there are probably better keepers in his own family.

Well I know that you have always rated Weale as the new Gordon Banks - but I think that even his family wouldn't rate him that highly...in fact there are probably better keepers in his own family.

I didn't say which universe, though..

I must've missed the part where Mills was playing well...

I must've missed the part where Mills was playing well...

Just on this - and then I will leave it and continue to regret starting this thread - Mills is not a useless talentless player. Clearly Sven paid well over the odds and he was in the useful rather than team changing category. But we did not see the best of him. I bet that Bolton do.

Just on this - and then I will leave it and continue to regret starting this thread - Mills is not a useless talentless player. Clearly Sven paid well over the odds and he was in the useful rather than team changing category. But we did not see the best of him. I bet that Bolton do.

Unfortunately, I think we did. Absolutely average player with an over-inflated reputation. I don't think he'll ever be more than an average Championship player either. Reading certainly didn't miss him. Couple all that with the fact he's probably the highest earner on our books and I can't wait to get shot of him.

I had high hopes when he came here, but he's never lived up to his undeserved reputation. Biggest waste of money in the club's history.

We quite clearly didn't see the best of Mills but from what we did see I don't understand why anybody would be disappointed to see him leave in any shape or form this summer.

For the money we paid you would expect a defender capable of keeping discipline and particularly one who is comfortable with the ball at his feet. Mills was neither and off the pitch it doesn't sound like he's much better. That woeful distribution of his would be here to stay if he stuck around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566