Millwall 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately it looks like money is our only route to the play offs as this bunch are quite inconsistent. Often better footballers than the opposition, but 'they don't like it up em' and are a bit one paced down the middle (as ever).
However, i'd back sven with 4 or 5 mill plus the fryatt and /or howard sale cash to bring in 3 or 4 players in January, plus retaining naughton and cunningham.
if we bring in 1 or 2 strikers and a more dominant mdifielder i can see us getting things right and putting together 7 or 8 on the spin.

Howard's play last season wasn't just about how many goals he scored- his support play for Fryatt and Waghorn when he played was great.

And if you really think he should be judged on last season just because of his goal return then you're an idiot.

Disappointing result all round, desperately need a solid CB and Midfielder and also a playmaker

Last edited:
Howard's play last season wasn't just about how many goals he scored- his support play for Fryatt and Waghorn when he played was great.

And if you really think he should be judged on last season just because of his goal return then you're an idiot.

Just stating what is plainly obvious that Howard cannot lead us to promotion. He's past his sell by date.

I think Richie Wellens hit the nail slap bang on the head in his post match interview.

"You know, we go to places thinking 'we've got to win here, we've got to win'... but we should be going thinking we shouldn't lose. We should be hard to beat".

I think this is our problem - we need to get way more aggressive and tougher.. to the point the opposition have to bust a gut to get a goal past us.

I thought that we were discussing how promotion can be achieved this season and what Sven needs to do in January to facilitate this. My point is that the likes of Howard and Oakley fall short of the quality that we need to make a push.

I thought that we were discussing how promotion can be achieved this season and what Sven needs to do in January to facilitate this. My point is that the likes of Howard and Oakley fall short of the quality that we need to make a push.

Nor are the 'likes' of Fryatt, Morrison, Waghorn, Weale and Gallagher etc. etc.

But with all of them put together we managed to get to the play-offs last season with reasonable ease - so they certainly weren't short of the quality needed then, were they :icon_roll

Re: Millwall 2

The problems have been the same all season including that we are a pushover away because we don't have the physical presence for this league; lack of a reliable goal keeper and lack of a powerful striker.

Sven has recently made some poor loan signings - Bednar and Kirkland looked bad calls before they had played a game. I've always thought that we would regret losing Fryatt and if Sven's idea is that Bednar is better than Fryatt then I can see why he is keen to get out.

My main concern is that now we have slipped out of any realistic prospect of promotion that decent players won't want to sign for us in January. Also Sven needs to seriously raise his game because if he doesn't sort things out and very quickly then his own credibility is going to drain away - making it lesss likely that the owners will want to spend.

Apologies for harping onto an old theme of mine but I do not believe you should judge a manager until he has had a pre-season.

Players who were good last season put us bottom of the league after Paulo's pre-season and it was right to sack him. I believe (and cannot prove) that had Sousa stayed we would be in relegation trouble. Sven has got us out of that in difficult circumstances.

Sven has made one permanent signing in Vassall. The other signings are "make do and mend" as loan signings tend to be - some successful and some not.

At the moment it is not Sven's team. In August of next season it will be Sven's team and I look forward to seeing it.

I remember talking to Lazio fans in a Rome hotel while Sven was England manager. They spoke about Sven with the admiration that Forest fans spoke about Clough. Give him time. I think he is worth it.

Nor are the 'likes' of Fryatt, Morrison, Waghorn, Weale and Gallagher etc. etc.

But with all of them put together we managed to get to the play-offs last season with reasonable ease - so they certainly weren't short of the quality needed then, were they :icon_roll

I can't recall Gallagher having a significant impact on the promotion push last year. Fryatt did ok until he was injured. Morrison is good in a defensively (Pearson managed) minded team.

DJ was quality as well, but Mr Pearson didn't have the management skills to bring this out.

I can't recall Gallagher having a significant impact on the promotion push last year. Fryatt did ok until he was injured. Morrison is good in a defensively (Pearson managed) minded team.

DJ was quality as well, but Mr Pearson didn't have the management skills to bring this out.

What complete shite - Pearson had the management skills to bring the best out of all the players you've listed as not good enough

And if you didn't think Gallagher or Fryatt contributed to the promotion push last year, then you're a complete idiot

What complete shite - Pearson had the management skills to bring the best out of all the players you've listed as not good enough

And if you didn't think Gallagher or Fryatt contributed to the promotion push last year, then you're a complete idiot

I'm wondering why Howard and Oakley are not in the list of the players who were 'quality' last year? Why not include Wayne Brown as well!!

The problem with Howard is he came to us off of the back of a 20 goal season in which Derby got promoted. Expectancy is a bitch. If we'd have signed him as a bit part player, however, he'd look a shrewd bit of business.

I'm wondering why Howard and Oakley are not in the list of the players who were 'quality' last year? Why not include Wayne Brown as well!!

All three of them were

I wonder if you are(or related to) the prat and his family who sit in front of me at home games( PEN3 not homer)

This man and his family turn up 10 mins after the game has started, go down stairs 10o mins before halftime, come up 10 mins after bthe second half has started and leave before the end of the game.

When we went 2-0 v Leeds he gathered his family and left, gobbing off about us losing cos Sven wouldn't play Fryatt, I did make a loud comment about Fryatt not wanting to be here so why play him.

This bloke used to defend DJ as well saying he should be playing etc, didn't seem to matterv a jot that DJ didn't want to actually be at Leicester from about a month after joining us.

As you can imagine, I was delighted he and his family missed both goals in that game.
He also spends most of the match slagging off the likes of Howard and others, when as a unit they did more than enough last season(tbf he used to slag him off then)

What is going wrong at the mo isn't down to individual players, itt's just a case of getting these players to play as a team. Can't be that hard to fix surely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669