Pre Match Millwall v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Im on another winning streak of starting pre-match threads so im not stopping. As for the match , i believe Vardy is suspended, i would rest him now till Derby match, Maybe others need a breather too but Saturdays the chance to rest a few, lets get 3 points here then IMO only need a point vDerby (to maintain 2pts/game average) I assume it will be Waggy or GTF for Vardy (when is Wood fit to return?) Same attitude desire and form and we will be too good for these, im predicting 0-2 Waghorn James

Waghorn to start instaed of Vardy. 60 minutes of headless chicken to wear them down, then 30 minutes of class from Tubby-Fletcher including the winning goal.

17-9. Zak Whitbread with a supermega score point in the 4th quarter from way inside the safety zone.

Waghorn to start instaed of Vardy. 60 minutes of headless chicken to wear them down, then 30 minutes of Tubby-Fletcher

This is what I'd expect too. Don't think NP sees GTF as a starter and I'm not sure he could last long enough. His goal today will probably make it a tougher choice for Nige though, but still don't expect him to start.

Plus, seeing as Waggy is just back from Millwall, he's bound to score...

Last edited:
GTF started against ManC. Not a great success maybe, but Millwall isn't exactly ManC, not even approximately exactly, so to speak, sort off.

Last edited:
Stuff em 0-4

So many of the team were running on empty by the end yesterday. We need to rest a few on Wednesday or they'll be injuries etc.

Schmeichel

De Laet, Wasyl, Miguel, Schlupp

James, Hammond, King

Knockaert Taylor-Fletcher

Waghorn

Agree that a few of the players looked tired at the end of yesterday, but I think NP will play an unchanged team (aside from Waggers in for Vardy), and then rest players for the Cup game.

Having been to QPR and the two home games, I'm hoping this is the 12th point I see us win in the space of 11 days - have we ever achieved that before?

That said, we have a pretty poor record at Millwall - only positive I can remember in recent times was the 1-0 win when Howard scored from distance.

I'd drop Morgan. There, I've said it now

GTF for Vardy. Never Waghorn. Not now. Not ever

I suspect we could see Schlupp recalled for this one. I reckon Waggy could be a target for Millwall in January so may not be risked.

I suspect we could see Schlupp recalled for this one. I reckon Waggy could be a target for Millwall in January so may not be risked.

Sadly they sacked the only person in the footballing world who thinks Waghorn is any good so we're probably out of luck.

GTF or Schlupp should start with the other one of them and King as options from the bench.

We finished the Bolton game in a 4-1-4-1 formation.
Playing that against Millwall could give Knocky more of a licence to roam.

Sadly they sacked the only person in the footballing world who thinks Waghorn is any good...

Did you catch Waggy shagging your missus?

Anyhow, Millwall game:
Dirty, scrappy, miserable, dour, grimn match.
1:1 Two Own-goals.
Still top of the table.

I see this as the perfect type of game for a player like Hammond or James to run the midfield. I don't feel it's the kind of match that Knockaert or King are going to thrive in very easily and so I'd make a change in centre mid. This is the part of the year where you need to utilise the depth of your squad and so I expect at least 2 or 3 changes for this game due to the type of fixture and the run of games. Hopefully we won't repeat the Sheffield Wednesday result and we can continue our excellent forward momentum and really stake a claim for a top 2 spot. Maintaining this gap to Derby is going to prove crucial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570